• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce gauges have gone loco!

Woodsplinter

Well, they mystery is solved- sort of...
According to the TM troubleshooting results, the oil pressure gauge was bad. I called Erik at Erik's Military and talked to him about it. He suggested I turn on the accessory switch, and ground the lead to the sending unit. If the gauge deflects full scale back and forth, by grounding and ungrounding the lead, the gauge is probably OK.
He described a test for the sending unit, once it is removed. Unfortunately, I damaged the unit during removal and could not test it. Erik sent me a replacement which I received today.
Once installed, the pressure readings returned to normal- life is good!
The fuel gauge appears to be reading normally also, but that happened before I replaced the oil pressure sender. Don't know what happened with it- a gremlin I suppose.

Thanks everybody for pitching in, and a special thanks to Erik for all his assistance and goodwill. He is truly a great guy to do business with!!

Woodsplinter

Well, they mystery is solved- sort of...
According to the TM troubleshooting results, the oil pressure gauge was bad. I called Erik at Erik's Military and talked to him about it. He suggested I turn on the accessory switch, and ground the lead to the sending unit. If the gauge deflects full scale back and forth, by grounding and ungrounding the lead, the gauge is probably OK.
He described a test for the sending unit, once it is removed. Unfortunately, I damaged the unit during removal and could not test it. Erik sent me a replacement which I received today.
Once installed, the pressure readings returned to normal- life is good!
The fuel gauge appears to be reading normally also, but that happened before I replaced the oil pressure sender. Don't know what happened with it- a gremlin I suppose.

Thanks everybody for pitching in, and a special thanks to Erik for all his assistance and goodwill. He is truly a great guy to do business with!!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I just recieved my order of new fuel guage , temperature guage and temperature sending unit from MEMPHIS EQUIPMENT. I am confident all will go well. Peter Mark future Floridian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks