• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce govenor sticking?

flyingmikester

I have been troubleshooting an idle issue on my truck for the last few months. I took of the ip and then put it back on. That was educational. But I recently saw a thread saying the gov may be sticking. As it sits now I can not set the idle adjust screw because it fluctuates to much. Is this a sticky govenor or seperate issue all together. If it is the gov is there a some what simple fix? Thanks

stalker

I'm having a issue that acts like a govenor problem as well and have been told it is probably the hydraulic head as well. I'm still hoping for an injector problem, but because of the random symptoms it may turn out to be the head. What area of tampa are you located?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a similar issue with my truck that it would idle faster pointing down hill vs when it was pointing up hill. Turned out the problem was the throttle shaft on the IP where it connects to the torque arm. It's like part of the torque arm fits in a slot on the shaft that had a bigger gap than it should.

Another thing to look at is the throttle stop plate on the throttle shaft itself. If that is loose then it it may be the cause of your problem also.

flyingmikester

The truck turns on if you pump the gas drives fine if itis in gear moving. However, if you push in the clutch or let it sit in neutral it will either die or run up to like 2000 rpms for a few mins then slowly fall off and die. if you hold the gas in the idle range it seems to run fine.

stalker

I wanted to head over there today, but was assigned grill duty for lunch for the family. Keep posting results if you make any headway and I will do the same. I'm going to work on mine today in between cooking hotdogs and hamburgers.

Emmett

Wesley Chapel is close to me in Land O Lakes.....Hummmm, didn't think there were many MV guys around here. I guess if someone says they saw me driving my 109 around it might be you.
I now have an alabi.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The truck turns on if you pump the gas drives fine if itis in gear moving. However, if you push in the clutch or let it sit in neutral it will either die or run up to like 2000 rpms for a few mins then slowly fall off and die. if you hold the gas in the idle range it seems to run fine.
This makes me think it might be the fuel shut off rod sticking. Pull the cover off the side of the Hydr head(just below, where the fuel shut off rod goes. Two screws or bolts hold it on.) and see if the black lever moves back and forth freely.

flyingmikester

All right gents took out the hydrolic head and replaced it with the new one you can get from floridianson. The new one works just as good as the old one. Which leaves me back at square one. I had talked to some friends since then and they think it might be the injectors popping to early. ? . :( who knows. I am taking the injector off with good ol green gator and having them pop tested tomorrow. if that doesnt fix it any new ideas?

flyingmikester

if it runs at idle then slowly builds up to 22-23 hundred rpm and then falls off and dies ... it means that your ________________ is probably going bad and you need a new one. i am open to ideas. govenor? should i just replace the whole ip

flyingmikester

91w350 i pulled that cover off when i was replacing the hh. It has been a few days and if my memory serves me i think it was moving i dont remember how loose it was though. Does it need to be loose or just moving. i know it moves but could have been a little stick... will recheck in the morning.

good look out gimpy

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It should move freely. Push it back toward the firewall, and when you let go, it should spring back to the 7 O'clock position on its own.