• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce height for shipping

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: duece height for shipping

Depends on which TM you view. Either 112" or 114"

FreightTrain

Banned

You ain't gonna be able to ship a deuce on a flatbed with the cargo cover or bows in place.Way over the DOT max.

emr

On a standard/ low boy/gooseneck... all canvas is ok, U can ship on a regular flat trailer as long as u can load and unload thats the tricky part,without any canvas/bows windshield down and pull the top stack, ... Randy

FreightTrain

Banned

I don't know,When we loaded wreckers truck on a step deck(tall step deck) the cab top was like 13 foot and 2 inches from the ground.But the front end was on the step deck with the rear end on the lower deck.

Alredneck

Banned

As long as your on the highway you should be good. Off major highway you might be screwed. I put my deuce (no canvas) on a flatbed INT truck and had no probs goin under bridges on the interstate. How do you attach a previous post ( ferro's post on my trip back ) thers is a pic of it loaded on there. On the way back the OTR reefer trucks were taller than me.