• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hiding out in the woods

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim, I was pretty bored at work tonight. I went to the St Tammany Parish Assessor web page did a property value search for the name of the road. There were 9 owners that came back. Then I went and mapquested all of them. Only one is right on that corner (or near it). The address is 1717 and comes up with an older lady who has a mailing address in Metarie. So break out the pen, write her a letter asking if you can go retrieve it and post pics.:wink:

waayfast

HHHMMM?? Show up some day and start building a structure on said land WITHOUT a building permit.P and Z would probly figure it out for you!:twisted:

joestewart

Hey Tim, Glen Thibodeaux has an M135 in Lafayette that he hasn't played with for years. I know he has tried to sell it in the past. I saw him start it and drive it about 5-7 years ago. Its in rough shape. Early to mid 1950's. Sitting on one flat. It has 11.00x20s on it, singles in the rear, still has the tits on tires. Give him a call and see what he wants for it. Joe Stewart

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow jim that might be a real good lead.... just wondering if she is off in a nursing home .. but someone gets her mail.. send me a pm with that address an ill write her a letter Tim

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh joestewart, wonder why he got a winch truck like that and then just let it rot?

We see alot of that around here...owners either say "I gonna fix it one day, or it has sentimental value, or sure I'll sell it!! It's worth a million dollars for scrap"!:roll:

Farmun

I tried for several years to buy a '53 Studebaker PU from an old farmer near me. Every time I would ask him, he would say he was going to cut it up and make a trailer out of it. One day, I stopped by to check on him, and ended up staying for a couple of hours helping him build fires in his tobacco barn. When I got ready to leave, I asked him again about the old truck. He said he was going to cut it up, but since I really seemed to want it, he would sell it for $75. I went back the next day, and pulled it to our farm. So, sometimes persistence, and a little neighborly assistance can help you get what you really want. :-D

joestewart

I emailed Glen regarding the above pictured M135. Here's what he said:

Yea, its for sale.
$3,000 cash

Running when parked, winch works.

All six tires only have a few miles on them, but not sure of condition. Have spare carb and NOS carb kits. Have complete set of new wheel cylinders, NOS electric fuel pumps, TO fuel pump hanger, and NOS muffler. NOS brake cylinder, but it might be for M-35. Some spare axles and I think drive shaft. Comes with another TO windshield frame that is in good condition and some of the truck kit i.e. air hose, jack etc.I also have some other spare parts but don't remember what. Everything I have for the truck will be included. Allot of money just in parts.

I can put you into contact with Glen if interested. PM mail me for his contact info. That truck is located on East Butcher Switch Road. Sorry to hijack this thread! J. Stewart