• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce History and stencils

boblester40

Hi again..
Is there any way to find out from the truck serial number the history , mine has been painted at some time and i have no numbers but i wish to return it to the original colours and stenciling the only thing i know is it came from germnay in 2004 to the UK .

regards
bob

poppop

Over here SS member carnac can usually tell the history from the vin number. That thread comes up pretty regular so just look for it. I don't know if he has access to information on trucks overseas. I asume you have the vin number. If you don't it is stamped in the left frame rail in front of the wheel and behind the steering box. Most times it is hard to find because of many layers of paint over it.

boblester40

Over here SS member carnac can usually tell the history from the vin number. That thread comes up pretty regular so just look for it. I don't know if he has access to information on trucks overseas. I asume you have the vin number. If you don't it is stamped in the left frame rail in front of the wheel and behind the steering box. Most times it is hard to find because of many layers of paint over it.
thanks for the info I will try and find the VIn number I thought it may be on the plate in the cab.

cheers
bob

Rustygears

Search for thread called 2011 VIN

There you can enter your vin info as a request and if the vehicle is Army or Army guard, you can receive information related to the vehicle history, etc. courtesy of a very kind member. Please honor his request for a donation to the wounded vets fund. It's a worthwhile charity and the Vin lookup is a service unavailable ANYWHERE else. What a treasure for sure.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When sending the info to CARNAC, also include the registration number in addition to the VIN.

Often, you can wet sand the rear and front bumpers and uncover the numbers. That is what I did and mine matched what CARNAC came up with. Make sure you use the correct format exactly as he outlines in his thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/62871-2011-vin-info-thread.html It can be ound under the forum Member's Rides.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Keep in mind that Carnac will likely only be able to provide you with the truck's most recent assignment-insofar as trying to find all the unit's it's served with..... good luck.

Try carefully sanding in all the places the service would have put their markings.