• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hub socket

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's a 3" 8 point wheel bearing socket most auto stores have them, around here anyways.

red

In a pinch you can use a large pair of channel locks. Tightening would be a bit inadequate for a torque reading though.
The inner nut is seized on too tight for pliers, or using a punch/hammer.

Was driving back to Midland and noticed the truck started pulling to the right. Pulled the wheel off, cover, and the grease looks like it burned up. I have replacement parts, just can't get the second nut to break free.

HanksDeuce

If you are careful with a dremel you could cut a small sliver in the nut to relieve the friction that's got you. Be careful not to nick the spindle threads or the outer bearing. I've done the same to get a lug nut off a stripped wheel stud.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its a big enough socket that you could make your own if you can weld. Cut some steel in 8 parts and line them up around the nut you got off already. Fit to size and weld them up. Its ugly but it works.

red

Its a big enough socket that you could make your own if you can weld. Cut some steel in 8 parts and line them up around the nut you got off already. Fit to size and weld them up. Its ugly but it works.
Currently without a welder. I'm all packed up and ready to move out of this place once the hub is fixed and the 12 volt alternator arrives

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks