• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce hyd power steering

xoddah

I just ...got ... 2 m211's full restorations nice will post pictures another time
digging through a shop full of stuff I see this steer box... I go to SS
looking for this... thread after steering the 2 beasts out of someones back yard and say...
wow that was tough Question is will the "KIT" avail its self to a 1952 m211 gasser and any idea what the steer box I have is

wilsonmotors

Hello All! I did my homework and read on here for a few hours before I decided to post my question. I recently had the good fortune to salvage some parts off of a M543A2W Wrecker (do not know why the 3 is in there). The pump is a Ross HF64-R. Has anyone had any luck with this model installing on the Deuce? The tank was mounted to the fender. Bracket has a doubler that mounted it at the top of the frame. Thanks in advance for any input. Great site!!
Had to bring up a old post but I just got the same stuff ross hf64 and the vickers pump and complete column for my m35a2 can I use all of this or just the pump

Jeepsinker

No, it won't work. It is too big. One class size up from the hf54. The 54 mounts inside the frame rail, the 64 won't.

What you have is a standard 5 ton steering box.

Jeepsinker

No, almost but not quite. The least you are looking at is an additional several hundred bucks in hydraulic hoses, as well as box bracketry and a fluid reservoir. Go to waterloospecialties.com and check out Tom's powere steering kit, then just imagine all that with your steering box instead of his and you'll get a better idea of what you are looking at.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the yokes will be different, the 54 control valve works by moving in and out so you need the correct joint to allow that, plus res, pump, pittman arm and drag link. etc

Jeepsinker

You have to make your own. Puts a lot of liability on you even if you are a certified welder. You should look at Gringeltaube's thread on the hf54 steering conversion. It is very detailed with lots of pictures.

JasonS

No, almost but not quite. The least you are looking at is an additional several hundred bucks in hydraulic hoses, as well as box bracketry and a fluid reservoir. Go to waterloospecialties.com and check out Tom's powere steering kit, then just imagine all that with your steering box instead of his and you'll get a better idea of what you are looking at.
It won't require several hundred dollars in hoses and it won't require welding to install the hf54.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks