• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in flood

ryan77

Cool pics, cops here would have gave you a ticket for operating a watercraft with out proper registration!!!!!

HASSON1911

These pics are old but they are from the 2001 flood we had. destroyed lots of home and killed 1 but Polaris and the school was saved. I wanted to find the one pic where a National Guards men drove a M35a2 into a 15ft. deep ditch because he turned to early. They had to leave it till the water receded to recovery it to say the least.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recognize the truck because of the pretzel in the driver's seat.

;-)

Blueduce

I agree with the "other side of the coin" reasoning. He may have simply been trying to keep from having to save another person. How would it have looked on the evening news if you got into trouble with a load of civilians on board. Of course I would have done the same thing you did. Save the towns people now and ask permission later. Maybe the cop just had a case Duce envy.

axlr8

In 2007, we had 17 inches of rain overnight, the nearby river and creek both overflowed. I and my family cleared mudslides on county roads all day. The sheriff told us to stop but we didnt It saved about 2 peoples lives, otherwise theyd have been trapped under about 15 feet of water. And the local NG had their vvehicles on site, then also our Polaris dealer sent in about 10 Rangers, and 10 ATVs to help aid with recovery of people. NO ONE perished. It was a real bonding summer of community help and all, and If the local PD would pull something like this, they would have no aquaintences left in a small town. Not to mention motor boats running through town to save people would have been halted... Thanks to the op for helping as much as he tried. I know what floods are like. Its scary. And the vicctims need all the help they can get.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hats off to Stretch, I guess he is not as bad as I thought he was lol Saw it on ABC news. I would have done the same thing and look forward to helping out in a local disaster if called upon to do so. The cop musta had a bad case of Green Jealousy. A$$.... is the proper analogy Maverick1701

Ma Duce

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do the batteries not short out with water crossing both termianls when it is submerged?

phil2968

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do the batteries not short out with water crossing both termianls when it is submerged?
Water has high resistance and 24 volts ain't enough to overcome it. Water on top of the batteries will cause a slow discharge of current and will kill them over time. Keep those battery tops dry. I ran my 48 volt golf cart under water, no problems, just wet feet!

rbeasley66

Water has high resistance and 24 volts ain't enough to overcome it. Water on top of the batteries will cause a slow discharge of current and will kill them over time. Keep those battery tops dry. I ran my 48 volt golf cart under water, no problems, just wet feet!
Is that "wet feet"? Or, just a wet foot? :confused:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On problem, truck topped out at 8 mph or so in the deep water.

Had to floor it and try it out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks