• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in Iowa???

Mustang95

Hey everyone. My name is Austin and I have caught the green fever. I have been talking about buying a MV for a while and I finally go the OK form my wife(after multiple trys to sell he on the idea of having a 24 foot long 11 foot tall 13500 pound truck in drive;-).) I am looking to buy a Duce and was wondering if anyone knows of a good reliable place to buy one in Iowa. I have read some things about Fort Dodge but have not read about much else in Iowa or the surrounding areas. I have found one guy who has a 1971 M35A2 that he says was rebuilt by the military in 1990 and he says it only has 280 hours and 5200 miles on it since that rebuild. The rig also has a wench troop seats and cargo cover. He was asking $4200 but he said the lowest he could go was $4000. Here are some pics of the Duce that he is selling. I thought the price was a little steep but that is why I am asking.

PS Thanks for your time and great site.

Attachments

fasttruck

Looks like it hass all the goodies: Troop seats, hard top, heater, turbo, & winch. Get shear pins for winch and download publications for this truck from resources section on this site. -10 is operators manual and -20 is organizational maintenance which tells you how to adjust the brakes and repair lights. Don't make a move with0out the pubs. Lubrication order would be good too - this truck probably has 40 grease points four of which on on the handbrake alone.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4K for a known good running deuce w/w from a private party is a pretty good deal. I would not sell one that cheap. We have been getting 3500 for basic non winch trucks with no options here in GA. I'd just make sure he has a title.:wink:

Ride2Kill

4k wouldn't be a bad deal at all really. Especialy if it has a title. You'll save time and money in the long run without haveing to go pick it up. I bought one a few weeks ago and drove it 1800 miles back to Colorado. Paid $2500 for a bare bones truck with a hard top. I'll have well over $4000 into it when im done.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That sounds like a very good deal for a titled winch truck with extras. If you don't get it, please PM me with his phone #. You might get a cheaper truck at auction but by the time you get it home, titled and the extras this has with it you would be out more money. 2cents

Scarecrow1

I fit runs as good as it looks the worse part should be the whiplash from jumping on it too fast .I looked a pics of one for 2500 that looked like it wouldn't make it out of the yard, If you don't get that one I wonder what it takes to make you happy:p:p

Bobert

Here are a couple I found on craigslist, That first one i 15k, but just cool if you like those hawkeyes. The second has been for sale in Des Moines for months for about 3k. Looks like it came straight out of camp dodge.

My dad bought one from camp dodge, winch truck for under 2k after GL's cut. It was in good shape, but you have to wait around for a month or two before you have it titled and registered.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/1423503030.html
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ctd/1452580070.html

Attachments

Last edited:

Buckeye2000

Look it over really well and drive it (if you haven't already). Seems like a good price and you get to avoid the hassles of buying at auction (speaking from experience).

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a couple I found on craigslist, That first one i 15k, but just cool if you like those hawkeyes. The second has been for sale in Des Moines for months for about 3k. Looks like it came straight out of camp dodge.

My dad bought one from camp dodge, winch truck for under 2k after GL's cut. It was in good shape, but you have to wait around for a month or two before you have it titled and registered.

ULTIMATE HAWKEYE TAILGATER
1971 Deuce And A Half Military Truck With Only 17K

I love the part in the Des Moines ad that says - "It's almost impossible to get one of these stuck......."

I should send him a pic of Frodo's truck.................................... :)

Last edited:

chgofiveo

ULTIMATE HAWKEYE TAILGATER
1971 Deuce And A Half Military Truck With Only 17K
The Hawkeye truck belongs to a friend of mine...He also has a Chicago Bears truck and a regular 6x6 M35 (All VERY nice trucks)...Let me know if your interested, Ill give you his #

gunboy1656

I bought my truck, off Andy (andydieselpower) for $4,000. And worth every penny.

Just for reference....

Yes I love showing it off, NO I will not be selling it anytime soon.

4k is not a bad price from a private dealer, as said make sure they have a title

Attachments

wsucougarx

Hmm, I do have one question. It appears the truck has a Sprag transfer case (vs an airshift transfer case). Definately need to ask the owner if the Sprag is good to go. This accounted for one of the biggest factors in a deadlined deuce while in service. Drive it and see what you think!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks