• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in the 'burbs?

SGT Estum

Good news! I checked with the city and, after much deliberation, they could not come up with any reason why I could not keep it in the driveway year-around (if I wanted to). The only restrictions are that (1) it cannot be a commercial vehicle (2) it needs to be registered (3) it cannot be used for permenant habitation (I told them it was a 3 axel RV) and (4) it cannot be parked in the right-of-way.

"Tom" the head of the city's code envorcement divison has already requested a ride if I get one.

Now if only I had somewhere indoors to work on it... Meh.

ImONPoint.org

Alright! Glad to hear that so far it is 'legal', now wait for a new regulation made to appease some bitchy neighbors. Just remember one phrase- 'grandfathered in'

UNCLEBUSTA

Me too i live in a nice neighborhood and park her right in the driveway!! Neighbors love it surprisingly enough!! Then again i havnt come home in it a 1am yet!!!

71 m35a2
68 m105a2
g.i. Joe with fung fu grip

Josh

Been parking mine in the street(my drive way isnt big enough) since I bought it about 15 months ago. Only issue I had was when I parked in front of my neighbors house. Got the problem resolved and havent had an issue since.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The City of San Angelo TEXAS is actually an "MV Friendly" environment with ordinances PROTECTING MV ownership and parking them, not only on private residential lots, but ALSO on the streets in residential neighborhoods. As long as they are not registered commerically and carry no signage, they are PRIVATE vehicles. If registered as a FORMER MILITARY VEHICLE, the it's just like the guy with a 1920's Model-T... REGARDLESS OF SIZE OR WEIGHT, ANY FMV registered vehicle is both WELCOME and PROTECTED in our city.

Ours is routinely parked on the street or in the front yard (when in regular use), next to the paved driveway, or if not in regular use, it goes into the back yard (with access from an unpaved alley where all the gas meters/electric lines and trash cans are located).