• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in the sand (pix)

redjordan

So I went out to Pismo Beach to the dunes, and met YellowBronc but did not get to spend much time with him.

I aired the deuce down, 15 pounds sucked, so I dropped the back to 3-5 pounds and front at 15 or so, and it mashed up over down around literally anything except for steep dunes.

Didnt get much video or too many pix, but I thought I would share some. Did some intense night time recoveries of drunk fools that buried their trucks.

The black truck with the gay rims was a group of mexicans that got burried in a dune and then blew the radiator or something. winched him out and dragged him to hard sand. his rims were so big even airing down didnt help him with those rubber band tires.

The duece kicks ass. **** yes. :driver:

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Glad you and Yellowbronc got a chance to hook up. "Gay" doesn't even begin to describe the rims on the black truck. Glad you had a good time. Did you happen to get over to Brad's, downtown Pismo? Did you have any sunshine?

redjordan

We keep the southern spirit alive out here, redneck to the max haha. I should post up the rest of the pix without the deuce.

Jonathan, we really did not get a chance to go anywhere, ended up cooking at our campsite, and mobbed pretty much non stop. The duece was running pretty much the whole trip except for the 7 or so hours that we slept.

I broke the battery terminal, so ended up running all day sunday with no batteries or lift pump, and she still ran great. Gotta love the old mechanical diesels.

redjordan

I aired up with the onboard air, used a glad hand hose from my buddys peterbuilt. Did not take as long as I expected, left the rpms up around 1500 and went to town, aired up just as fast as a real truck would, my compressor works pretty well.

Flyingvan911

You say 3-5 PSI in the rear tires? Just curious how the truck drove. Sounds like you had some great traction. I am collecting data and ideas for my deuce, when I can ever pick it up.

redjordan

yeah, id say 17s are pushing gay on a truck...

at 15psi in the back i was getting crazy wheel hop, at 5, the tires literally were not even half as saggy at the front, from looking at it you could not tell they were aired down in the back, there is so little weight back there. Nowhere near risking the rings flying off in soft sand like this. I would not go this low in mud or other places.

and I am a ford guy, I have ford trucks and a mustang, so needless to say that pic of pulling out the chevy will be posted on other forums too :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks