• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All! I had seen a couple posts scattered here and there about insurance. But I thought I would start a thread just about Insurance for the Deuce.

One thing this will do, is get everyone better informed. Who knows, you may be paying way to much $$$'s for your insurance, and someone may have another option available. If someone comes across a company who does good business and/or has good pricing, and shares it here. It will help to inform other members who may be looking to switch current policies, or for people like me, who are about to open a new policy. And keep all of the info in one easy to search thread. Below is what I could come up with as the main questions which would help members to compare what they have for their state/region. If you want to post a story and or/other info, that's fine too.

I'll be checking on insurance in the morning, so I'll post what I find out tomorrow.

Edit: As a side note, you might not want to use the "quote function" to quote this original post, as it will make every post really long... If you want the questions, just copy and paste them into your post.

At least include the Basics:
1. What Year and Type of Deuce? (i.e. - M35A2, M35A3 etc)
2. What kind of Policy? (i.e. - Full Coverage, Liability, etc.)
3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy?
What does it cost per month? (if you pay 6 months or 1 year at a time please divide into monthly price for easier comparison)
5. What Insurance Agency/Company?
6. What State is the Insurance Company in?
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a
"multi policy" discount? (Yes or No is satisfactory unless you just want to go into more detail.)

Edit-Add: Are you "Restricted" on hauling? Are you allowed to actually Use your Truck
to haul stuff personally (non-commercial) under your policy? Or are you limited/restricted to use the truck for "parade", "meetings", or "event" use?

Last edited:

Hooper

Hi All! I had seen a couple posts scattered here and there about insurance. But I thought I would start a thread just about Insurance for the Deuce.

One thing this will do, is get everyone better informed. If someone comes across a company who does good business and/or has good pricing, and shares it here. It will help to inform other members who may be looking to switch current policies, or for people like me, who are about to open a new policy. And keep all of the info in one easy to search thread. Below is what I could come up with as the main questions which would help members to

1. So, At least include the Basics:
2. What Kind of Deuce? (i.e. - M35A2, M35A3 etc)
3. What kind of Policy? (i.e. - Full Coverage, Liability, etc.)
4. What does it cost per month? (if you pay 6 months or 1 year at a time please divide into monthly price for easier comparison)
4. What Insurance Agency/Company?
5. What State is the Insurance Company in?
6. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a discount?
(Yes or No is satisfactory unless you just want to go into more detail.)

1993 a3, insured with State Farm for 30.00 per month.

Katahdin

1. 1966 M109A3
2. Full
3. Commercial Policy written for Antique and Personal Use. The Commerical Policy is required due to the weight/size of the vehicle.
4. $27.49/month
5. State Farm
6. Maine
7. A State Farm Commercial Policy does not count towards their multi-policy discounts for home and auto.

Flyingvan911

I have a 1970 A2. Allstate 100/300 medical and 25k property damage, liability only. About $20-25 a month.

You will just have to call around to see who will cover it. It varies widely.

DeucesWild11

Hagerty for $79 a year, titled as a 1952 deuce A2, agreed value coverage at 10,000. It was added on to my coverage for my muscle cars..One stipulation as it is garaged.. did it on-line.. hey find a buddy that has a garage it will fit in.. :-D. There is also a company in FL that will do it without a garage for about $250/year. and those are NY prices guys!!

Clay James

1. What Year and Type of Deuce?M35A2, M109A3
2. What kind of Policy?Full
Bodily Injury / Property Damage 500/500/100
3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy? Historic
What does it cost per month?$23 for 6 months
5. What Insurance Agency/Company?Farmers
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? CA
Covers my M105 trailer and the use is up to 5000 miles a year but I can get more if I need.

Edited with more info.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I pay $1.10/day with State Farm under a Commercial Vehicle policy. This is for my M35A2, M35A2C, and M109A3. That is with NO driving restrictions or storage requirements.

Last edited:
I pay $1.10/day with State Farm under a Commercial Vehicle policy. This is for my M35A2, M35A2C, and M109A3. That is with NO driving restrictions or storage requirements.
Each or for all three?

1. So, At least include the Basics:
2. What Kind of Deuce? M35A2
3. What kind of Policy? Liability 100.00 each person/300,000 each accident. property 50,000 each accident
4. What does it cost per month? 47.70 for 10 months 374.00 if payed in full
4. What Insurance Agency/Company? progressive
5. What State is the Insurance Company in? Oregon
6. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a discount? no

No driving restrictions

Last edited:

gunrunr

1970m35a2
Liability-could only get it as a parade vehicle to be used within 50mile of my address.
about 190/yr or 16/month
Kansas
all my insurance is thru the same company

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. So, At least include the Basics: No restrictions
2. What Kind of Deuce? M35A2
3. What kind of Policy? Commercial and the current value is only $5,000 (I must increase)
4. What does it cost per month? About $200/year
4. What Insurance Agency/Company? Gulfway
5. What State is the Insurance Company in? Florida
6. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a discount? no

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Texas Reporting In....

1. What Year and Type of Deuce? M35A2
2. What kind of Policy? Full Coverage - $0 Deductible
3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy? Standard Policy but recognizing it's registered as a Tx Former Military Vehicle and will be operated under the restrictions of those laws - NONcommerical, Not a Daily Driver, etc.
4. What does it cost per month? $150/6-months = $25/mo.
5. What Insurance Agency/Company? State Farm
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? Texas/National
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a
"multi policy" discount?
Also have a small Life Insurance policy with them, but that was NOT a consideration for any Multi-Coverage Discounting.

Also:
- NO GARAGING requirement.
- NO Passenger (Troop Seat use) restrictions.
- Agreed initial value of $5000 with increasing value (including my labor investment) with parts and other service based on documenting receipts substantiating that increasing value. (Face Value - NON-Contestable Clause in Policy)
- GREAT agent who is also a Classic Car Collector and understands EXACTLY what a unique/collectible vehicle requires for coverage.

Hope that helps.
John

Titanium Soldier

• 1970 m35a2
  • minimum liability
  • standard policy
  • 270/6months = 45 a month
  • state farm
  • vehicle located in CA
  • NO restrictions
  • no other policies or vehicles with them
I might add that i am a married 25 year old with decent credit, u guys should show your status, im sure some of you older vets get a much better price than a kid like me :eek: ALSO, progressive wanted 600 every six months.. ripoff!!

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed - Any INSURANCE discussion is moot without STATE of residence or use factored in.

2cents

Exactly! Well Said ColdWarrior

Good info so far Everyone! Also some good tips on what kinds or "restrictions" or lack there of, that should be discussed with your insurance company before agreeing upon a policy. Something to keep in mind depending upon what you may want to use your deuce for at some point in the future, even if you do not intend to use it in that way when you first get your insurance.
Keep the posts coming! We're beginning to build a good list!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks