• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce is stalling out when coming to a stop

Lindsaym151

Hey guys,
This one has me scratching my head!
Truck stalls out when slowing down for a light or stop sign.
Have changed all filters, Run only diesel fuel NO WMO!
Whats going on?:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your idle speed adjustment. it should be set at 800rpm. I like 800 personally because it does not shake as much as around 700rpm or 750rpm.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all three filters are new then you go to checking pressures. With a low scale gage hooked to the bleed between the secondary and final filter. With just in tank running 4 to 6 psi. You could skip this the low check but now you need higher scale like up to 100 psi. Start motor and idle you should see 30 and high idle 60 to 70. This is where I would start then move on.

King

My duce acts like it is going to stall as I approach a stop intermittently, the downshift happens, then it act's up! I have replaced all associated filters, new fuel pump last year. It does not act up until the gears downshift, then act's like it is to much of a load..

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine did this when the hydraulic head on the injection pump started to go bad. It would start up fine, idle, run, but - at times - coming to a stop or doing a slow gear shift at low speed where the rpm drop to idle, it would simply stop, as if you had pulled the engine shutoff.

If fuel supply lines, filters and idle speed are ruled out, for starters, I would investigate the shutoff cable, lever and shutoff rod in the hydraulic head. If any of these start sticking or hanging up, it can cause a stall. They do not have to move much. Take off the shutoff cover, manually operate the lever and if anything feels remotely like binding or hanging up, use WD40 in there liberally while working the assembly.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My duce acts like it is going to stall as I approach a stop intermittently, the downshift happens, then it act's up! I have replaced all associated filters, new fuel pump last year. It does not act up until the gears downshift, then act's like it is to much of a load..
The O.P. has a multifuel deuce, you have a Cat motor. Not the same applies to you.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all else fails just down load the troubleshooting manual. Start at the top and work your way through the test's till you find the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks