• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce lighting/harness upgrade

AN/ARC186

Well, it must have something to do with my engineering background in the aerospace industry...I happen to admire the engineering that went into building these vehicles and try not to add shabby parts or compromise the original design goals. Other than that, I have no comment.

The relays in my system are used to reduce the circuit breaker load within the 3-lever housing, a separte breaker is supplying the head lights and the 3-lever switch serves its function as before.
I'm with you on this, all the additional 24 and 12 v essential and non essential bus systems I've installed on the deuce are energized through aviation relays, (those big ol blue potter brumsfields) all controlled through aviation grade switches. haven't ever had a problem. boy, they really did brainwash us AE's good......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks