• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Locking Door Handles

rmgill

I think I found a good source for the Deuce's locking Door handles. I went through homedepot and Lowes and couldn't find the right handles. Seems the Genie line has the locks in the face plate and not the handle and the Stanley hardware is special order only now (meaning you'll never get it from Home Depot). But, tonight I was perusing the PECO camping catalong and lo, there was the style of handle that we need with key locks. I'm going to swing by the camper store tomorrow and see if I can get a set and make up a set.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ive got one those on my truck. It works good keeping looky loos and kids out but if somebody really wants to get in and steal the truck, it wont be a challenge. I only put it one the drivers side since the passenger side can use the inside door handle lock. A little spot weld on the screws would be good to keep someone from just taking the handle off from the outside and being able to get in.

rmgill

Locking handle success!

Here's the first comparison of the two locks. The curved handle is the stock door handle. Nice, but no lock. The straight one is the $9 handle from PECO Campers. Seems like there's several makes of these out there. The replacement handle's square shaft is a bit longer than necessary. And the stock shaft has a square section cut at 45° angle to the shaft.

Attachments

rmgill

The holes on the handle I bought are slightly further apart, a difference of about 1/4". I milled out the holes a bit larger (8 shaped) with my drill press and added a pair of cutouts for the screw heads. This puts the screw heads slightly under the handle's edges.

Attachments

rmgill

Sand blast or sand it by hand, prime and paint and then mount it up. The hole spacing was tricky, it took a bit of fiddly fitting, but I got it all together. I need to touch up the paint as the screw heads marred the paint/primer trying to fit the screws. Insert them into their holes, then insert the square shaft/handle and turn to it's aligned point.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks