• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Lube Order, LO 9-2320-209-12

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a bunch of threads about lubing these pigs, I have a LO and was gonna scan it and put up, but, there is one buried in the Deuce TM section. It isn't titled LO, it is on page 2 near the bottom under "Deuce TMs". I will put a link here and sticky it for ease of reference.

rustystud

Just use what you would use on your pick up when servicing. Grease has evolved. I like to use the red stuff from Valvoline.
I like that stuff too. There was this green goo we used in the transit department that had what was like "strings" through it. Really good stuff. Never could find it in the aftermarket though. It could handle extreme heat and cold. It took forever to wash off bearings too. You had to leave the bearings in brake cleaner for hours, then use the "steam cleaner" to finish the job. The stuff would not wash off. We never lost a bearing using this "green goo" . That was our name for it in the shop. The Green Goo.

ToddJK

I like that stuff too. There was this green goo we used in the transit department that had what was like "strings" through it. Really good stuff. Never could find it in the aftermarket though. It could handle extreme heat and cold. It took forever to wash off bearings too. You had to leave the bearings in brake cleaner for hours, then use the "steam cleaner" to finish the job. The stuff would not wash off. We never lost a bearing using this "green goo" . That was our name for it in the shop. The Green Goo.
Do you think that may be similar to aviation grease they use on planes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks