• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce "M" numbers

jasonjc

I was looking thought the TM for the trans & transfer. It's dated May 1976. There is a list of "M" numbers for the Deuce. Along with the ones most of us newer guys are use to, there are some that I have never heard of. Like:

M352A typeo?
M36A2C
M45A2G
M46A2
M46A2C
M29A2
M47 Dump truck (Ref 1)
M57 truck chassis (Ref 1)
M58
M58A1
M59
M352
M36C
M46 truck chassis (Ref 1)
M46A1 truck chassis (Ref 1)
M46C truck chassis (Ref 1)
M48 Tractor (Ref 1)
M49C
M109C
M109D

So can some one help me fill in the blanks here??

Ref 1 = Olive-drab .com

Last edited:

jasonjc

That helped on some. I think I will try to do a "WIKI" thing to list all of them unless some one has already done it some where.?.

Capt.Marion

That helped on some. I think I will try to do a "WIKI" thing to list all of them unless some one has already done it some where.?.
Check the Deuce Wiki, although it may not be in there.

I did it for the 5-tons, you can peak in there and see how it's formatted if you want to add it to the deuce wiki.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a quite a few missing from this list. The first one (M35A) is a misprint. They had the M35 (gasser), M35A1 (427 engine), M35A2 (465 engine), and the M35A2C (dropside Multi 465), and the M35A3 (reworked with CAT ect...). Alot of the trucks without A1/A2 were the different gassers, however, this is not always the case. There were also production trucks that were made from different chassis trucks such as the mobile machine shop trucks, bolster trucks and drag cranes. In addition there are some rare productions like the La Crosse missile launchers and prototypes like the XM-381 bobbed gasser with a shortned M34 bed on it. Oh yeah, and the M34, M108, M60.........i'm sick of typing:-D

jasonjc

The ones I listed were ones I had not heard of. Those M#'s can out of a TM. I thinking about making a list in our wiki thing when I figure out how best to do it. I'm open for idea's and numbers with descriptions or link to them.
Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks