• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce made for Europe

jimm1009

Does anyone have the TM that contains the wiring diagram for a Deuce made
for a European country?
I am interested primarily in the rear truck lighting and trailer socket for a European Deuce.
Perhaps one that was made for Germany or England or Norway??

These would not be the same as a truck made for US usage but just happens to be in Europe.

jimm1009

jimm1009

Is the mini light the same as what we would call a side marker or tail marker as you would see on US registered 18 wheelers?
Thanks
jimm1009

knissen

Hi, Norwegian M621 (and other variants) have the same electrical setup as the stock M35.
M35 as used in for instance Germany had extra side markers. One red and one orange/yellow each side, and extra indicator lamps (lolly pops)
I have not found TM´s covering these extra lights.

jimm1009

Yes I did Tim and you have been elected to help me rescue it and bring it home. Bot not with YOUR wrecker :)

I was just wanting to know about the difference in electrics on the rear but they are basically the same to stay NATO compliant.

Jim

dmetalmiki

LIGHTING europe

the trucks used in uk (military) had the traditional U.S. rear and front lights. A nato socket for europian trailers. (*a cow to fix if the wiring needed troubleshootin! as the europian wiring is dual the yanks single. ) and inverters in the cab for 12/24 volt. To conform to brittish M.O.T. standards recent registered trucks (as my chevy cheyen long w/b crewcab) Must have the rear (reds) turn signals replaced with yellow lenses. (then((as above)) you have to disect / split the wires from the brake light / turn circuit to prevent the "flashers coming on when you brake!!) confusing? YEP (cow! as said) I had to convert my F350,, cheyen,, and jeep this way. But I kept all the original appearences by using the backup lights as (yellow bulbed) turns: these rules are not applicable to vehicles man. B4. jan 1960. <hence my M series trucks run with the original U.S. lighting and signals. (some late spanish registered cars actually have RED turn signals.)

jimm1009

I'm interested in the trailer light plug.

I'm surprised that they did not use amber or a seperate red light for European truck turn signals. When I lived in Germany the German military trucks had amber turn signals to the best of my recollection but that was 20 years ago now and these were European manufactured trucks for European countries of course.
I wonder how these were NATO compliant so they could hook up to a US trailer and pull it away on the battle field.
I know that that is the theory that alll NATO trucks have the same wiring diagrams (for the most part) so that they are able to match parts and use each others towed machines & trailers.

I'm also interested in the dual voltage that was mentioned in this thread.
How does that work and could you give me more details?

Inquring minds need to know.

jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks