• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Manufacturer?

Joeinderry

Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to tell which manufacturer built a deuce?( Ex. Jeep Kaiser, AM General) Other than the data plate on the dash?
Thanks for the help.

Joeinderry

Let me clarify a little. Assuming that there are no identification numbers anywhere on the truck. Is there a way to tell who the manufacture is? Any differences in body, engine, suspension, etc....

ranchhopper

All manufacturers followed the same specs so they all look alike there should be a VIN number on the frame behind the driver side steer tire just behind the steering gear.

Barrman

You can get within 5 years of build date by looking at a long combination of small things. Such as how the motor mounts are held to the frame, flat firewall or curved, where the speedo cable comes through the tunnel cover, etc... But, no you can't tell exactly who made the truck without a data plate or serial number on the frame.

gungearz

The vin #'s are located on the frame rail behind the front drivers side tire... More towards the front. I found mine by putting a flashlight on the frame and shining it sideways down it cause there is about a 1/8" of paint on it... Best way to get the make is with tthat number....

Scarecrow1

If you mean can you tell the difference by just looking at them like in comparisons between a ford and a Chevy no. You as a supplier were given specs and a strict guild line to follow. My mother was employed with a clothing MFG for the military and they had an inspector that made the rounds of the suppliers with no notice. Even the big bosses didn't know when they came and went. He or she would show up and go from table to table and pull garments off the piles and even count how many stitches per inch and God help you if it wasn't right. They do the same with EVERYTHING they buy , then and now . There is one way and it is their way. A friend of mine works in Columbia SC where they make the A4 military rifle and it is the same way today. Many MFG's but made one way .............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks