• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Master Cylinder

dan2002dd

I have been unable to find anyone talking about bleeding a new master cylinder for a deuce. Is there a bleeding procedure before installing it or is it just gravity bleed by opening the bleeder on the air pack? Next question is the new MC came with a rubber cap that is not vented, can this be used or must the MC have a vented cap?

dan2002dd

So I just got a chance (and all the parts for the one man bleeder) to finish the bleeding process and found out the rubber cap and the old master cylinder cap are different sizes. I'll have to try to measure to see what I need but has anyone else run into this situation? Is there another cap that fits this smaller size that anyone knows of?

dan2002dd

I guess that's an option but I'd really like to use a metal cap even if I had to drill it out. I may go ahead drill this one and be done.

dan2002dd

I drilled a vent hole and bleed everthing last night with my wife's help. Of course I had to run the master cylinder dry one time before starting over, she was very excited about that. I'll check it later to verify it stayed pumped up, now I have to deal with a new belt for the compressor. I think the pulley is froze up so I may be back for more advice on that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks