• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mechanics in the Dallas / FtW / Denton Texas Area

longhorn789

I just bought my first deuce a few weeks ago.

M35a2 with winch and roof cutout for ring mount.

Is there a big truck shop anywhere in the Metroplex that knows the ins and outs of these?

I'd sure like to get it checked out...and have the parking brake fixed...before I get out on the road and start playing with it.

Thanks!

Westex

I'm originally from Big D, but have been gone for 5+ years now. I really don't know where to send you. I kind of doubt you'll get a good deal on some shop just 'going over it' for you in Dallas. This site is a wealth of information and I urge you to utilize it. There are numerous posts about the parking brake. Check it out. There are several members in the DFW area. OPCOM is a senior member, and there are others.

dabtl

The TM's will give you the information on the parking brake. Easily done.

The most important thing is to check the MC for BFS. If it is low, pick up a gallon or so of BFS from one of the vendors like Spruce Mountain. Look for leaking brake cylinders, also You may then want to oil the Air Pack for good measure.

atbhaack

I live in Denton and just bought my first too. Haven't got it yet as I have to wait for a euc to clear. In 6 months or so the guys and me at Tommy's Hi Tech will know since we are going though the whole truck. :D

saddamsnightmare

March 7th, 2010.

Weem's Towing (903) 427-1467 up here in Clarksville, Texas, does work on the M35 series quite reasonably. Mr Weems replaced a rear main seal on my M35A2 for around $400 and also hung the Air-o-Matic on for a little more. He also replaced a missing tailgate ear (that the hook goes through) and straightened one of the tailgate hinges for lagnaippe.
Mr. Weems was a deuce mechanic in the "Nam and seems to prefer to work on them over his usual more modern trucks, whereas most Diesel truck mechanics will not touch a deuce because they aren't computerized and the manuals aren't all that common in the business. In fact, most of them are absolutely frightened by these trucks, so you will likely get a lot of wrench and hammer time in on the old girls. Mine has been in the family two and a half years, and she has racked up about 10,000 to 12,000 miles in that time, versus the 1200 miles here earlier two civillian owners and the Army managed in her last 5 years of service.
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks