• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce missing instrument panel

rongaudier

Hello, I looked at a M35A2 duece the other day on a local GL lot. The unit appears to be in restored? conditon as it has newer looking paint, tires, upolstery, top and other items that tend to disintigrate over time. Running conditon is unknown as is the make. However, for some reason, the instrument panel has been removed, therefore all the instruments are missing.
I'm wondering, can the vehicle be started and driven without the panel? And how hard will it be to find a replacement? An interesting note, at this particular GL lot, the rep said he doesn't care if I drive the the truck out.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete instrument panels are available from members here, from the usual suppliers, and e-bay. Take your choice! You would still need to do all the safety and mechanical checks before driving it, as well as having insurance and proper tags.2cents

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gauge clusters have been yanked lately because of radium gauges that some trucks may still have.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition to all of the above, I would not drive it without at least the air and oil pressure gauges. You're asking for trouble without those. Buy a complete panel (with gauges) and install it before starting.

AceHigh

One of the members here, Cabot151 is parting out 2 trucks. Very reasonable and great to work with. If you buy one without a panel, take a panel with you at pickup, only takes a few minutes to hook up.

dabtl

Usually a deuce with those missing parts becomes an orphan in an auction. With the decline in numbers, who knows now?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I looked at a M35A2 duece the other day on a local GL lot. The unit appears to be in restored? conditon as it has newer looking paint, tires, upolstery, top and other items that tend to disintigrate over time. Running conditon is unknown as is the make. However, for some reason, the instrument panel has been removed, therefore all the instruments are missing.
I'm wondering, can the vehicle be started and driven without the panel? And how hard will it be to find a replacement? An interesting note, at this particular GL lot, the rep said he doesn't care if I drive the the truck out.
She looks good, ive seen it too. Just beware..they fork-lift at that location so it may be best to have it towed off. 2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a complete panel if you need one.

If you can get it hauled for $300 I'd go that route. Money well spent IMO because you have no idea what's wrong with the truck and You really don't want to find out on the side of the road.

two.fiveM35

Can the air line be plugged with an air gauge from Home Depot? And as for putting in a replacement gauge cluster, how do you know which wires go to which gauge? Is it obvious?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually a deuce with those missing parts becomes an orphan in an auction. With the decline in numbers, who knows now?
Oh it'll be an orphan all right, but someone with Sandra Bullock's bank account will rescue it.

dabtl

Oh it'll be an orphan all right, but someone with Sandra Bullock's bank account will rescue it.

Last year I got a deuce w/w for less than $1200 in OKC. Ran very well, good batteries, hard top and new cargo cover. It had a headlight missing and the driver's front fender was bent down in the front.

I got a headlight, bought a ram from Northern Tool, some paint from RAPCO and fixed it in about an hour.

The obvious cosmetic faults limited the bidding dramatically on an otherwise really great truck.

I am replacing the oil cooler now, it leaks, but I have done little else to drive it.

Buzzzard

I just got approved! After 2.5 months of waiting the it's actually approved! I'm getting it towed for $600 and should be here next Monday. The only thing know for sure that I need is an instrument cluster. Does anyone out there have one or know where I could get one with the guages installed?

stampy

for under 500 I'd say have them bring it to ya. It's SO much easier to work on it in the driveway than on the highway or in the GL lot (some of the GL guys get kind of testy if you are wrenching on it in the lot (Lejeune)

stampy

Occasionally you find them in Goldsboro or Butner and that's closer for you! I like the ones from Richmond...Always seem to have luck with them.

PaulbusMax

The question for today is, does anyone have a complete set of instruments for sale? Looking at some A2's without. Didn't see a whole set on Ebay, or in the classifieds here.

blacktop_one

Gauges? We ain't got no gauges. We don't need no gauges. I don't have to show you any stinking gauges! Seriously, though - when I recovered my deuce I drove it home without an operating oil pressure gauge. Not real smart, though I didn't really have a choice at the time. I'll never do that again. You really want to have all your gauges so you can know when you have a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks