• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce motor work info?

thj327

On my '72 m35a2 engine is a small sticker stating for warranty work contact csms23 mearng with job number and serial number and date of worked performed. My question is, how can find out what work was performed. The sticking was on pass side of block near the white multifuel plate. The sticker does have a number to contact, but figured since it is dated back in 2000 that I could call and ask. I have found out that is the combined support maintance shop in the Maine army national guard in Augusta Maine. But that is all Ivan find out.

M1key

My gov rebuilt 465 has a similar sticker on it.
It also came with the dyno results (a whopping 230hp!!!) and engine oil analysis paperwork.
The rebuild tag says standard bore and crank so I assume they used new parts, but??????
I've always wondered what else was done to it.

Edit: Not trying to hijack your thread with my wonderings...........

Attachments

Last edited:

G-Force

I think they mean if you have a problem with the engine within the warranty period to contact them to let them know what had to be done so they can go back and see if it was caused by the way the engine was assembled. Kind of like a quality control thing so in case they are not assembling something correctly they can correct it and avoid future problems with other engines. Just my 2 cents.

TehTDK

My gov rebuilt 465 has a similar sticker on it.
It also came with the dyno results (a whopping 230hp!!!) and engine oil analysis paperwork.
Wont that HP figure means its uprated to 465-2 standard?, rather then 465-1C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks