• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Motorpool Type Restro so far

panzerjunky

I have been working on my Deuce for about a year or so my goal was to do a what I would call a motorpool type restro but just a little better. I also wanted to show or at least try to show my fellow M35A2 owners that you dont have to have a huge shop or lay down yard to do a fairly decent job stopping the decay and making the old girl look fairly nice all paint is rattle can rapco stuff Field drab brown base with forest green spots still debating if I want to go with the 3rd color black. the drivers side frame and some of the undercarrige needs to be done still I have the new data plates the seats and boots were from Jtonka The troop seat wood i remade from mahogany. Engine has all new hoses from will wagner all new tubing on the fuel system painted orig OD green ( thats the color it was anyway) I know the bridge plate is a bit bright but originaly it had yellow parts so I kept it tat way. Anyway what do you fellas think or did I jack it up?
Thanks Jerry

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you spent alot of time detailing. What made you decide to go with those colors? Are you planning on doing the cargo cover to match? I like it.

panzerjunky

Looks like you spent alot of time detailing. What made you decide to go with those colors? Are you planning on doing the cargo cover to match? I like it.
I have an OD green troop cover and cab cover as for the colors my avatar shows the truck as I got it and that was sorta the colors they used the FD brown I used I just liked that better than the yellowish brown that was on the truck originally.
Thanks Jerry

panzerjunky

that gives me hope...all I have is a driveway and my garage
Thats all I have as well Jut pull off as many parts as you can finnish in a weekend and do it like you eat an elephant one bite at a time. I had to time all mine with the rounds of the local meter maid as when I took off the tail lights and rear mud flaps she gave me a warning that it was now a deralict Vehicle Sorry I cant spell deralict. and Here in San Diego Ca it is prohibited by local city ord to do extended work on a Vehicle in your yard drive or street
Thanks Jerry

panzerjunky

Looks great ........ What paint did you use for the bridge plate ........... [thumbzup] .... Tim
I am sorry I threw the can away but I got it from Napa and it was an exact match to the original color They have it in the automotive paint section ( Rattle can)then the numbers came from Mr. Larson at Mv Stencils

3rdmdqm

Wow, that looks phenomenal! I really like the green/brown camo pattern without the black. How did you get all of the surfaces so smooth looking? Did you sand or power wash anything or just paint over existing? That looks really nice.

panzerjunky

Wow, that looks phenomenal! I really like the green/brown camo pattern without the black. How did you get all of the surfaces so smooth looking? Did you sand or power wash anything or just paint over existing? That looks really nice.
Thanks for the Pos comments.
One of my goals was everything gets painted nothing gets painted over. it is one of my peves to see chipping paint under fresh paint. So all the more or less all the flat areas were sanded with a random orbit sander starting with 100 or 80 grit ending with 220 grit
All castings Axles winch and tight areas like the corners on the bed ect were done with a cheap harbor freight needle scaler ( the best investment for this kinda stuff you can make IMHO)