• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Motorpool Type Restro so far

panzerjunky

Rattle cans!...whodda thought it come out that nice
Very Nice detailed work [thumbzup]

How many cans did it take you..so far
I think I am at 46 cans of the rapco No#30118 Field drab brown 8 or 10 cans of rapco No#34079 Forrest green and 5 cans of Rapco No# 24087 OD green for inside of engine comp, motor, inside of tool box, tranny, transfer and drive shafts. At about 6.00 a can it is not the cheapest route but for those of us with no spray booth it works out good just take your time and prep the metal. I talked to a friend at a local body shop about the metal prep and if i should go to bare metal or not as in some places I did his answer was if the base paint is good and not chipping it won't and it is already primmed better than anything I can get out of a can, so just de grease and buff with the maroon scotch brite pad feather any edges with 220 wipe down with acetone and you are good to go.

panzerjunky

wow, that looks great. that is my goal someday to do to mine. the attention to detail is nice to see. i'd like to get everything serviced in mine, change brake hoses and pack bearings etc and paint mine up nice. i dont have a shop to work in (that the truck will fit in) but we all know working outside can have good results also. very very nice job! more pics would be nice if you have them!
Here are a few more and I will post a final batch when she is all done The shot of the drivers side needs a little green in the middle ( Just ran out at that time) and there are a couple shots of the old girl in the desert

Attachments