• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce move MD to VA - truck or tow? Help.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Fort Meade DRMS is fairly tight on who they allow in and what they allow. Since the NSA is right on post they all are a little high strung. I would still see if you could drive it home especially if you have a tag for it or in the case I used since I am in the Army I just went in uniform and drove my duece from South of Norfolk to North of Baltimore with no issues at all. I have only been stopped once and that was my fault since I was using my duece to move with a trailer and got on the BW parkway, cars only. The officer just let me drive up to the next exit and get on I 95. Most of the dueces are in running shape from what I have seen. Check the basics and drive to right off post then get the details done. If I was home I would drive there with my duece and help you since mine is registered on post. Sorry I don't think either of my boys are up to the task, it is sad that I know less than my Dad and my kids know less than I do as far as mechanical sense is concerned.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HeadWizard,
Is the inner flat a, "won't hold air" flat? I had one flat when I picked up. I put it at 50 p.s.i., and it's still 50, 4 months later. Also, for those who know better than I do, with the air over hydraulic brakes, do you still have sufficient brakes w/o the air? Was that part of the design? Also, I know you don't have good batteries in the truck now, but can you do a temp hook up off of two cheapies and run four-way flashers with a, "Vehicle In Tow" sign on the back for the short trip? The chase-car is always a good buffer for tail-gating Alpha Hotels, regardless. I'm a fan of GMRS radios for good comm between drivers. They're cheap insurance. As far as scheduling, I was successful in contacting the unit and coordinating. Once I communicated my intentions to get there asap, they didn't mind extending the deadline a little. That was my case. I know others may have had different experiences at load-out sites.