• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce movies???

b money

Anyone know of any informative movies about deuces? Like specs, how the run, why people like them, what a good truck looks like VS a beater, some shots out wheeling etc, etc. So basically a documentary on nothing but m35a2's and the like.

airmech3839

Best bet is to make one... It sounds like your asking for a kelly blue book/consumer reports/youtube advice on deuces... I may have misunderstood...

I would try and find a couple of guys on here that are close to your area and take a look at a few and see if they will give you some wheel time and get a feel for the truck.. It is a love affair and you know that the right girl is out there for you... sometimes you have to date a few to find the right one but you will know when you have found yours...

If she needs work then fix her up.. If she is a beauty queen then you are set.. but you have to feel these girls out till you got the one you want..

Hope this helped, sorry if it did not or was not in the right direction you were wanting to go!

:driver:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The military made training films for most vehicles (before the puter age) but they were dry and boring as ell. Most of them were on how to drive, maintain and repair them.
I remember one when I went through the Transportation School that showed how to properly do Preventitive Maintenence Checks and Services (PMCS).
Watching that one after a big lunch would guarentee a nap.
There have been many videos posted on here and Utube that showed dueces doing all kinds of things.

b money

Ok thanks guys, and yes i'v watched some mil movies on YouTube but they where very boring. I was kinda thinking something like a cross between histories modern marvels and a Kelly blue book thing all on m35's(if that makes since). I'm about 1 1/2 hrs away from Peoria, a few years ago I saw bobbed deuce at a car show (around) Peru IL(about 15min from my house) but I never got the chance to talk to whomever owned it. They must have been from SS though because it was a beautiful truck! Is there any military vehicle magazines I can pick up someplace, i'v looked at different places and can't find Anything like that.

SixSpeed

Banned
Are you a producer/video enthusiast of some kind?

I have made a few short films, it sounds like a neat idea. One thing is for sure, there wouldn't be a lack of contributors to choose from!

b money

Are you a producer/video enthusiast of some kind?

I have made a few short films, it sounds like a neat idea. One thing is for sure, there wouldn't be a lack of contributors to choose from!
Not at all, trust me I don't even know how to use photo shop haha. I just like videos for informing/teaching rather than text books, esp. If you are going through some sort of "step process" because there is someone doing it along side you, and you can come back and look at it 1000 times if need be. Instead of the good ol' "oh shoot" how did he do this method that we all know and love. Iv also been on YouTube searching many m35a2 vids and of course 99% is of deuces doing things that are very cool but not very informative. Can you tell when I get hooked on something I try to research and learn as much as I can haha

JDBUCKSAVAGE

Well said well spoken, some of my buddies deuces (unfortunately not one of mine)have been in a movie called 21 And A WAKEUP they played it at Camp Delta earlier this year, they were so glad to see their deuce hey thats mine and thats Robs. It was great!! They had a portable inflatable screen(that ran outa fuel and deflated half way thru, but it made the viewing even more memorable, and gave us time to the head and release consumed Beer, hahaha
JDBUCKSAVAGE

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A video showing what you want to see is a good idea. While a book showing exactly how to do something is fine but it is nothing like watching it on "film" or live.

That's the biggest reason I helped out while having someone work on my truck. They know more than me and there is nothing like hearing the tips while watching it happen.

sw

Crazyguyla

The military made training films for most vehicles (before the puter age) but they were dry and boring as ell. Most of them were on how to drive, maintain and repair them.
I remember one when I went through the Transportation School that showed how to properly do Preventitive Maintenence Checks and Services (PMCS).
Watching that one after a big lunch would guarentee a nap.
It's death by power point now lol I miss the old grainy videos with people doing stupid stuff to make a point. My favorite one was where a jeep (m151) runs over a chemical detector and exposes the radioactive source. It's a fake source, but everyone's just standing there like, what do we do now.

The best one that kept everyone awake was "the goat" film about nerve agent exposure. That one's on Utube in 3 parts. I think the army was pressured by animal rights activist to stop showing the film :(

x-ray

I think making a documentary-like project would be a great idea. Even if it was an armature project on Youtube or the like. The Military Channel has/had a semi-regular series called "tank overhaul" where they document a recovery/restoration of a military tank and also discuss its history. The show is essentially two stories in an hour long show - the history of the vehicle with stock footage, etc. and its combined with the the story of the restoration.

I could easily see a "deuce overhaul" discussing the truck, its history, and following a recovery and restoration project. You could envision possibly seperate films for various vintage deuces (CCKW, M211/135, M35, M35A2 and M35A3) or combine into one. I think the Deuce in its many forms is a very significant piece of our modern military heritage. It has followed US service through the emergence of the US as a world power and is very worthy to document on film.

Just my $.02.

b money

I think making a documentary-like project would be a great idea. Even if it was an armature project on Youtube or the like. The Military Channel has/had a semi-regular series called "tank overhaul" where they document a recovery/restoration of a military tank and also discuss its history. The show is essentially two stories in an hour long show - the history of the vehicle with stock footage, etc. and its combined with the the story of the restoration.

I could easily see a "deuce overhaul" discussing the truck, its history, and following a recovery and restoration project. You could envision possibly seperate films for various vintage deuces (CCKW, M211/135, M35, M35A2 and M35A3) or combine into one. I think the Deuce in its many forms is a very significant piece of our modern military heritage. It has followed US service through the emergence of the US as a world power and is very worthy to document on film.

Just my $.02.
I have seen tank overhaul before and I thought it was a great show, but I wish they would show the whole thing not just part of it.

That mail call(wish it was still on) video was the closest video on the deuce i'v seen that was informative, but it was only a min. Long

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks