• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce (Multifuel) just won't start

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wondering...If it was running OK before you started working on it what did you do to get it 180 degrees off?
Took the whole IP apart to replace O-rings and check for problems...when I put it back together I did so 180-degrees off. The alignment marks on the input shaft will turn TWICE for every grooved tooth alignment on the HH.

Which makes sense: the HH needs only be aligned once every two rotations of the crankshaft, as it is a 4-stroke motor. The only way to be totally sure when doing so is to pull the forward valve cover off and check for clearance between the valve pushrods & the rocker arms at TDC...

I ran it for about 2 hours today while flushing the cooling system...it started right up & runs like a champ now. Not a lick of smoke either!