• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce oil leak??? Where it it coming from?

weld88

Ok guys I would like to see if anyone has ran into this. My Deuce has recently started leaking oil from around the injection pump or from behind it or also from around the fuell filters can't really pin point where its coming from. Basically what happens is fire it up and oil starts dropping down and lands right on top of the axel tube on the drivers then drips off the axle. I lose about 1qt of oil for every 100 miles I drive.

Please give me some areas to try and look for this, I've searched the fourms and can't really find anything on oil leaks specifically in that area sorry if this has already been covered.

Thanks all

Cruceno

If you suspect leaking at the IP, take a second to check the base of the oil filters. I had a good leak on the engine side of one of my filters. It would leak down onto the IP, and make it look like the IP was leaking. A lot easier to replace an O-ring than the IP.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, this is the kind of issue that you need to search on your engine, not in the forums.

Clean it and watch it carefully until you find the leak.

dmetalmiki

Oil Leaks

Clean all the engine thoroughly. Check the rocker cover and oil filter seals. Clean check replace.

Last edited:

weld88

Thanks guys for the help I will pressure wash the engine and check around it for leaks. I was planning on doing that anyway but was more just curious if there was a problematic area that always leads around the ip or filters. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

weld88

Ok so I cleaned my engine used "Gunk engine cleaner" got it really clean and went driving it around. Truck does not leak when cold but when it gets up to temp it starts leaking pretty good around the rear oil canister. It was so covered with oil previously I could not tell where it was coming from. I'm not going to worry about it at the moment cause the next thing on the list is jatonkas spin on oil filters which should fix the problem. Thanks again everyone and I hope all has a merry Christmas!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never allow the can to spin when changing your filter.

Proper torque is necessary also. 60ft/lbs

welldigger

You will not regret making this modification. It took me longer to read the directions and find the proper tool, than it did to install the kit.
Agreed. In fact I converted all of my fuel and oil filters to spin on's. Makes life much easier. Especially since they are all off the shelf filters at most of my local auto parts stores.

EWhytsell

I currently have the same leak, and am going to change the filters and gaskets soon.

Question, I read in other posts that the canister bolts are different lengths and need to be installed correctly. For reference does anyone know what positions the bolts go?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks