• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce on nitro

neb4x4

I'm with everyone else... If done; do shoot some damn good video. But my experience with propane injection.... IS we usually put a "micro switch" at the accelerator pedal. When she hits WFO, the propane solenoid opens into the air intake system. (Have done it to 2 Dodge Cummins, and 1 Duramax) WITH no prolbems..... But make sure you have a PYRO. The Cummins engine that we did just opened up a new BOOK IN HP when the skinny pedal was HIT!!!

But the propane is a good alt to lower EGT's.... AS LONG AS YOU USE IT WISELY!!!

Have never done it to a deuce.... yet.... Please post pics and video... as I am about to crawl out of my skin with anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-D

GUNGIY

I'm gunu haft to do more research.:?

But mite be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it will be lots of $$$

Last edited:

5tonpuller

I have added LPG to mine. BUT !!!!! I run it thought a small regulator and does not get a big blast. From 1900 it comes on strong and falls off at 2500. I am only feeding it a little to take off the curse of the 5 speed. I do not have the extra $$ for motors. If you do use your head, not your foot.

clutchdump

Using nitrous in a few vehicles I have owned in the past (not a diesel, but should be the same principle), timing is a huge issue, especially with larger jets are put in the equation. Nitrous would not be a bad idea for cooling an intercooler (if you want to intercool it, that would be a start to see how she responds to sudden temperature changes), and the newest "cheaper" alternative is CO2... However, CO2 contains unburnable moisture that could detnate an engine, that's why it's only kids with Honda Civic I see using these systems at the track, and a lot of those kids couldn't tell the difference between a ratchet wrench and a hammer... There are basic mods that I plan on trying in the future, such as larger intake plumbing with better flowing air filter, porting down-pipe from turbo (cast, so be gentle), I am waiting for pyrometer and bost gauge so I can play with IP, and maybe sitting down and actually crunching the numbers to see what kind of turbo I could put on there that would actually add hp and torque, so far one from a 7.3 powerstroke Ford pickup is the easiest to deal with, and plenty of aftermarket goodies to go from mild to wild with. Getting good hp and torque rating out of a multi-fuel would include a complete teardown, re- blueprint, custom internals and externals, possibly running a stand alone ECU (Engine Control Unit, Megasquirt makes universal programable ones, but takes months if not years to dial in if you have never programed or flashed one prviously)...

Here is a good starting point of easy and fairly cheap mods to do without the use of the juice...

Air Filter (K&N will make custom filters, or mount an 8" one directly to the mushroom and eliminate the inline filter (no more water fording)

Increase the diameter of the intake plumbing itself, no PVC or polished metal as this will increase intake air temps, cold air is more dence which compresses better... Make that pig breathe...

Exhaust will lower exhaust temps with the RIGHT size diameter... 5" diameter is a good starting point, with mandral bends and no restrictions... If she takes bigger breathes, she can stride a little quicker

IP (Injector Pump), If she's breathing beter, she might need a bigger drink, but she'll start blowing coal...

Larger injectors can be done, but I don't know the stock CFM, so I couldn't even start to give you a figure for that, but might wanna look into a fuel pressure gauge and regulator... Thick black smoke will roll from the stack, and that prius next to you will hate you...

Lighten the load... Lighter is quicker...

Now, remember these are all basic "old school" drag racing tips of the trade, as I have been in that hobby for over 10 years. These big ol' trucks are not sportscars, but i'm sure geting to 65 will be a little bit better, but the more hp and torque, the more chances of catostrophic meltdowns can occur... Nitrous and propane would on these, in my opinion, would be like putting an elephant on steroids and crack... It sounds like a fun day at the zoo, but in the end a lot of tears and pain would result in the end

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Top speed based on gearing and max engine RPM.... You can get there quicker, but "there" is only ever gonna be 55! aua

"How about using nitrous?" seems like an innocent-enough question, but is just as inappropriate to ask about using on my WWII Dodge flathead-6. These things are 40-year-old Army trucks, not 1970's hot rods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks