• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce on police tow

tm america

well i get home tonight and my friend calls me that does police tows for lake county and hobart .hobart was doing a police tow on a truck that decided to get stuck in the forrest preserve so they thought they could get it with thier wreckers........:roll: ah not they ha four medium wreckers and one 4x4 wrecker stuck about a 1/4 mile off the road so they called me .:-D i pulled the easy ones out first then to get the 4x4 out i was pushing mudd with the axles it was stuck right by two ponds. and rainin like crazy.i had to rehook four times to get him turned around then had to use another tow truck to keep me from sliding when i was pulling him out.then we were ready for the truck that was the police tow in the first place:pi called my buddy with a lifted jeep to scout it out i ended up winching the jeep and the truck out together . and finally four hours later for me and 10 hours later for the cops and tow truck guys its on its way to the impound:roll:felt nice to get paid for a police tow even better to get to show off how nice the 46s do on a 6x6:-D oh sorry guys no pics it was to dark and raining .but now i have a new tow account so maybe even a get out of jail free card to:?:army truck 1 .tow trucks -4 .chevy truck 0 plus big big tow bill

surewriting

i bet you forgot to get pics too:p. sounds like a long night for everyone, and nice to hear of these trucks getting dirty doing some work!

tm america

didnt forget the pics not flash on the phone made worse with rain .maybe i can get over there this weekend to take pics of the damage i know i left some pretty good ruts the chevy truck was about a mile off the road .i was sinking in 6 inches just walking ,my truck was down to the steps.by the time it was over there was about ten wreckers there and one m35a2c that did all the pulling :roll:i bet they all have green dreams tonight

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself and my buddy have an agreement with a couple of propane companies. I pull out the propane trucks east of Cloudcroft and my buddy pulls them out west of Cloudcroft. The Sheriff Dept will use us as well if necessary. We get a big discount on the propane for our service. We received 30+ inches of snow this past week so business could be good. I ordered a pair of chains for my deuce. They are a pig on ice in the snow.
This all makes for good PR for us deuce/5 ton owers.

Marlboro

Hope my local pd. knows they can contact me for this kinda stuff. There was a tri.axle unloaded dump truck with a eagar beaver tag stuck down the road from me not long ago, it basiclly laughed at my 10 wheeler spinning on wet grass:oops:. But i did pull out my buddies cj7 last night:grin:

tm america

it would have pulled the tri axle you just need to do something to keep your truck from sliding and use plenty of snatch blocks:-Di almost always use the winch to pull people out even when it doesnt look that soft deuces like to sink and theres nothing worse than having your truck stuck with a tight strap hooking you to another stuck vehicle.even when winching i leave myself plenty over room to work my truck out if i sink :roll:

Marlboro

Yes i could have winched, but my only tie off point was a telephone pole... with 20 ft. of strap added i could have reached the road, but giving the traffic at that time i would have caused a backup. And that would have cause alotta one finger waves!!!!!!!!!!!:x

tm america

ya i want to make me a winch anchor big enough for the deuce .for those type of situations:idea: also i'm gonna keep long pieces of 4x4 to lay across in front of my tires then chain to the clevises in the front to keep it from dragging

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
talking about getting stuck with a tight strap. about 20 years ago, in cal., it had been raining for a week, a D9 operator decided to go up a revene instead of going around, when he could go no further, he stepped UP off the 9, so he then got ANOTHER 9 and operator, backed up to about 100' from the stuck 9, they dug out the rear of the 9, then hooked a 1 1/2" cable to the stuck 9, then started to pull, the first 9 DIDNOT move, the second 9 went DOWN, when everything came to a stop, we had TWO step UP to get off 9s connect by a very tight cable. at that point, somebody with some smarts made the call "just leave this mess alone before we have everything we have stuck" it took two months for things to dry out enough for us to get the 9s out

dittle

talking about getting stuck with a tight strap. about 20 years ago, in cal., it had been raining for a week, a D9 operator decided to go up a revene instead of going around, when he could go no further, he stepped UP off the 9, so he then got ANOTHER 9 and operator, backed up to about 100' from the stuck 9, they dug out the rear of the 9, then hooked a 1 1/2" cable to the stuck 9, then started to pull, the first 9 DIDNOT move, the second 9 went DOWN, when everything came to a stop, we had TWO step UP to get off 9s connect by a very tight cable. at that point, somebody with some smarts made the call "just leave this mess alone before we have everything we have stuck" it took two months for things to dry out enough for us to get the 9s out

As the foreman comes up and in a very sarcastic tone says "Well there's your problem" :twisted:

tm america

ya thats kind of the thought of the police to when it comes to doing one of their tows you have to be there within 15 minutes and they dont leave till its done they dont care what gets torn up .it has to get done now:roll:i'm thinking of the poor golf course that got redisigned in the proccess of me getting that truck out of the forrest preserve behind it.if they could have waited we could have brought out about three jeeps that are light enough they wouldnt tear things .like the five tow trucks and i did. they could have put a boot on the truck and waited till it dried up or frooze to get the truck to the im:?:pound

pigpenkiwi

Ive beed driving tow trucks for 17 years now have used a lifted 91 suburban many times to help police get cars either its the patrol cars or the person they were after last year i got the deuce and now its its turn to shine used it in the snow and in the mud hardest was a farmers field it was touch and go if i was going to get out in the deuce , made a mess , im stil runing ndts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks