• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Painted , ramps complete, Jeep in bed, Haspin or BUST

Loose Deuce

Hope you don't have to stop suddenly, you may get a Jeep headache. That looks interesting, I would like to know more about the ramps also.

mangus580

Those ramps look spooky to back up!! :freaked: WOW

Glad most times I need to put something like that in the back of mine, I have a 'loading dock' available on both ends!!

Hi 'ya,

first of all, greetings to all of the group, I'm new here!

@elohim1: nice rig, and an interesting ramp construction. I noticed you hooked the ramp onto the drop side; is it strong enough to support the weight of whatever crawls up there (obviously at least once ;-) ) ? Or ist this the standart procedure when using ramps ?

Cheers,
Mark

Desert Rat

Mark,
To better assist with the possibility of seeing this in person, could you please include your city and state in your signature box located in the control panel? Thanks bunches.

Trango

This is so excellent! This is what I'll be doing in a week, assuming I can get my junk to run. I am hooking up my radiator tonight and hopefully finishing the intake, and I have some 12" steel for ramps. Mine's a built up ZJ, but I might take the buggy (going to Moab on the 10th).

Cheers
Bob

Elohim1

roger-wilco-66 said:
Hi 'ya,

first of all, greetings to all of the group, I'm new here!

@elohim1: nice rig, and an interesting ramp construction. I noticed you hooked the ramp onto the drop side; is it strong enough to support the weight of whatever crawls up there (obviously at least once /DotNetForum/emoticons/wink.gif ) ? Or ist this the standart procedure when using ramps ?

Cheers,
Mark
I doubt its standard procedure, but it looks strong enough to me.
I may weld some barstock on the back of the frame butted up against ramp lip for safety. I will get some more pics and info. on the ramps tonight.

Elohim1

Here is a link to some close up's of the ramps and how the Jeep is tied down.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v25/elohim1/ramps/

Ramps are made with 2x4x.125 tubing. I could have used 2x3 but hindsight is 20-20. Cross supports are 1x2, this is plenty since they are basically just holding the 2x4's together. The guy who welded the ramps for me had the grating which is a overkill. I didnt see the grating before he welded it to the ramps or I would have went with somthing lighter since this is for traction purposes only.

Ramps are 11' long (to fit in bed) and 15" wide to fit between tailgate hinges.

I have about $270.00 in material and I paid someone $320.00 to weld them. I will have about $35.00 in paint to finish them.

Driving the jeep onto the truck is not bad at all. You just put the vehicle in four low and take it easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks