• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Painted , ramps complete, Jeep in bed, Haspin or BUST

jasonjc

I had fun with my uncle (sam) when i had to back a scap (71/2 ton crane) off the back of a smi trailer ( can't rember the # M-___) that was parked on top of the insecption ramp. The 5 ton tractor need work and we need the crane for some thing else. you know the army can't wait for anything. But you have to hur up so you can wait.

Jason

Kaiserjeeps

I really like the setup. I stopped at the metal yard to price materials for ramps yesterday. I have a little CJ I want to do the same thing with. A word of caution. When you tie your trail rig down by attaching above the suspension, you risk breaking your tie downs and loosing your load. Read nasty accident. I have had it happen to me and I have seen it happen to many over the years. You should really be tying around your spring packs around the axle tube in the shape of an "X". A good bounce on the road and it can and will snap chains or destroy binders. Never tie down to the center of the housing like around the pumpkin. You will bend the housing from the strain of the tie downs. You have some very nice rigs there, I am only trying to save a fellow jeeper some troubles. You will probably OK for one trip, but when you get some down time I would find another way to tie down your pride below the suspension. Have a great time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks