• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce PArking Brake

Seth_O

I had this same issue on an old landcruiser I rebuilt. I took the cable off to scrap it, and while I was off doing something else my bro dumped WD40 down both ends, pulled the cable all the way free of it's sheath and cleaned it, lubed it, and re-sheathed it. It took him maybe 15mins to do the whole thing and it worked flawlessly ever after.

jimm1009

This is an old thread but I have a question.

Can the cable be removed from the housing completely?

If so then flushing the housing with WD40 or similar and then cleaning and greasing the cable
would extend the life and should make it work great as long as there are no worn spots or torn
strands in the cable.
I need to get into mine simply to adjust it but while I am there it only makes sense to inspect it well
clean, lubricate, and replace springs, etc. if required.

jimm1009 (Jim)
1970 M35A2
1984 M1009
1951 M38
1946 CJ2A

rustystud

This is an old thread but I have a question.

Can the cable be removed from the housing completely?

If so then flushing the housing with WD40 or similar and then cleaning and greasing the cable
would extend the life and should make it work great as long as there are no worn spots or torn
strands in the cable.
I need to get into mine simply to adjust it but while I am there it only makes sense to inspect it well
clean, lubricate, and replace springs, etc. if required.

jimm1009 (Jim)
1970 M35A2
1984 M1009
1951 M38
1946 CJ2A
The cable has a swedged end on it, so no you cannot take out the cable.

Dunkeye11

To just kinda add to this

I have the old style brake handle and a broken cable what is the cable supposed to look like?

can I upgrade to the new style? What would I need

rustystud

To just kinda add to this

I have the old style brake handle and a broken cable what is the cable supposed to look like?

can I upgrade to the new style? What would I need
The new style will fit right in with no modifications. Just buy it and go install it. Personally I prefer the old style though. It doesn't jab me in the leg when I'm "dismounting" the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks