• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts Database

ARYankee

So how is everyone that has a copy liking it?

I'm still working on the Open Office version and doing more tweeks to the Access version. If it is anything major I will let everyone know.

ARYankee

Ok I have an update!!! I'm such a newbie when it comes to databases and programming.... I have spent countless hours surfing the net but I have some good news! I found out with Microsoft Access 2010, I can distribute an application to all those who don't have Access... This means you will be able to use it and change the data but you won't be able to change the look of the forms or some other things. I'm ordering Access 2010 this evening so hopefully by next week I can be able to distribute to everyone! I have also created a maintenance database log as well..... like I mentioned above. I will post back up once it's a go!

ARYankee

Thought I would add some teaser shots of what I have for those of you that don't have a copy. The first picture is the Main Search screen. The 2nd is the results of what was entered on the search screen. The 3rd shot is of the maintenance database screen.

Attachments

Last edited:

ARYankee

**********************UPDATE***************************

I have it!!!! For those of you whom are Access-less, I have the solution. Go here: Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime and download the appropriate file for what version of Windows you are running. Pretty much follow the instructions on the page. This will allow you to open the Access databases that I have created. You will be able to add and delete records, you won't be able to change the forms. Now if you want a custom picture of your deuce on there then I can add it and send you the file.

So here is the plan: If you don't have Access download and install that software. Then let me know you have done so. If you want a picture of your deuce on the forms instead of what I have on there then you will have to send me a picture of it. I will add it to your database file and then send it to you. Now I also have some custom fonts on the forms so I will also attach those files and instructions on how to install them as well. I also have a handy maintenance/mod database that I made that I can attach so you can track that as well. So Pm me or email me.

ARYankee

The official low down.................

OK. I'm pretty well set on what the database looks like. I have sent off a few copies here and there. So far no feedback as of yet. All of you who do not have Access can still get a copy to use. Like I said in the previous post you will have to download and install that file from Microsoft. Both the parts and maintenance databases are pretty simple. I will gladly help any one having issues with them. I can also customize it for you as well by adding pictures of your personal MVs.

Now this can be expanded to other MVs as well. I will try to work on that too.

So if you want a copy just let me know and I can email it or send you it on CD (now you will have to cover the shipping and cost of CD) I'm not looking to make any money off of this just trying to make things easier for us.

jbsapp

I haven't quite figured out exactly how we all can share parts info but I think I have a temporary solution. Here is a thread that I started about it : http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/74701-parts-catch-all.html#post943659
Nice work. Here is my humble suggestion:

This would be a great project to "upsize" into a hosted, web-based solution, with the downsides being hosting and domain name registration fees. I could donate some work in the programming department. Given any ASP.NET hosting provider with SQL Express database access, it wouldn't be too hard to make a comprehensive parts locator system. This would solve your information sharing problem, or at least take a chunk out of it.

samsimpson

Nice work. Here is my humble suggestion:

This would be a great project to "upsize" into a hosted, web-based solution, with the downsides being hosting and domain name registration fees. I could donate some work in the programming department. Given any ASP.NET hosting provider with SQL Express database access, it wouldn't be too hard to make a comprehensive parts locator system. This would solve your information sharing problem, or at least take a chunk out of it.

NSN # Database

ARYankee

I am pretty much done with it and have distributed it to several people. If anyone would like a copy just let me know. Now I'm moving on to creating one for 5 tons :)

ARYankee

Ok here is some directions if you want the parts & maintenance databases:

Let me know which ones you want: Parts or Maintenance.
I will also need an email address to send the files to.

If you have Microsoft Access:
You need to let me know what year version so I can send you the appropriate version.

If no Microsoft Access:
You need to go download the Access runtime file. Go here and follow the instructions: Download: Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

That is it. I will include the fonts that I used along with directions on how to install said fonts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks