• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts Prices ?

m.walker

OK here goes , I've got a deuce refuse truck hardly anything left . It does have all the axles, tires and wheels ( average tread ) , airpak , steering box and column ,fuel tank ( no pump but looks OK inside ) some small parts . It doesn't have any sheet metal , no engine , trans or transfer case , no shafts , no bed . What is an average price for axles , tires and wheels , airpak , steering column ? I'm going to offer the stuff to SS members before I put the stuff up for sale . Might even consider trades. Once I get an idea on prices I'll post in the classifieds . I'm not looking to make a killing just enough to buy some 16x20's . Thanks

jwaller

You would prob get more for the axles by offereing them to the 4x4 offroad guys. seems to be the latest rage with them.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the rear axles go from anywhere from $350 - $750, depending on the auction. The front axle you can add at least $150 - $300, again depending on the auction.

Memphis Equipment gets pretty good $$ for theirs, but I think they rebuild them first, so I would discount any seller that 'refurbs' them as a comparitor. But you should be able to either get a better parts truck for cheap and add all your stuff to that or sell your parts and buy a whole truck...

I KNOW I saw several residue deuces available over on GL recently. So that's one option. And like jwaller said, offering them to 4x4 people should net you better $$ as those of use with the Green Iron Disease also seem to suffer from Lack O Funds syndrome as well. So top dollar will probably be over on the 4x4 boards.

Unless you are looking to swap for certain specific items. THEN both parties might have a win/win and a deal struck.

Good luck,
jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always sold a pair (f&r) of axles for $1200. They seem to be going up but hey, I'm in swamp buggy land.

sermis

This was sent to me from BARRMAN from the M715ZONE. I think he has the phone number of the guy if intrestred.

The tires we found were 16R20's and were $25.00 each. The guy said he had over 40 of them. He is in Blossom, TX which is near Paris. Here is the only picture I have of them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much for the column and box shipped to 78410 in texas? Mine either needs rebuilt or replaced.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m.walker said:
Axles 3 tires/wheels 10 driveshaft 1 all for $ 750 box / column arm/link $ 50 tank $ 25 airpak $ 25 I dont have a radiator. Are these prices fair ? Thanks , let me know if I'm off base !
Air tank (s)?
Fuel tank ?

Either?

Both?

I live in Denver, Co

jim

m.walker

Air tanks have some rust , I don't know if they are any good . You can have them if you pay shipping from Independence,Mo. 64052 . The fuel tank might already be spoken for.

gbooth

Mark I would like the Air pack But I arnt paying no shipping Just bring it to the 4th of July parade or the next meeting.