• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pickup

Pinzinator

Hi all I am a new member to the forum. I have decided to add to my collection of green and currently own a 710 pinz but am thinking of buying a deuce from GL. Right now I am struggling with how to get it home if I win the bid. My question I guess is ....is there a way to bring a deuce home without trailering it? can the state it is bought in issue a temporary tag that would allow me to get it home? and if that is not an option..is it legal to use a NY dealers plate to cross state lines? one more question...GL has a few recommended transport companys has anyone used them and had good results..thanks for any help:)

I used a FL dealers tag to get mine home to NC from FL. Kept it in the glove box. Never got checked. Have never put my current NC tag on the truck either. It is my daily driver, and have put several thousand miles on it. Never been stopped. However, very soon I will be re-registering it for the correct GVW of 24,000 lbs. And, I will be getting that stupid fuel sticker (which I will put on the back of the tag).

Kevin C

Interesting question. I may buy a Deuce soon. I finally got my issue of buying a newer daily driver out of the way, and picked up a 2001 Mustang GT 5 speed. I've always wanted a Mustang to compliment the Z28. Now they're garage buddies.

Now if I just keep up my track of being impractical, there will also be a Deuce in the driveway in a few months.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most states will issue a temporary tag to bring it home. This would be issued by your home state. The state the truck is located in will do nothing to help you. I have picked up two deuces and driven them home to Georgia, one located in PA and the other in WI. In both cases, although I had a tag, I kept the tag in the truck and simply drove home. This included going through all weight stations. I was never stopped and questioned. Most of the time they simply think you are military and ignore you.

I currently have permanent tags issued by GA mounted in magnetic holders. I never display the tags. I keep them inside the truck with the ready excuse that 'I forgot to display the tag'. Driving locally in my county, the Sheriff and deputies know me and know I don't display a tag and they don't care.

Good luck buying a deuce. Try to preview it if you can.

Interesting question. I may buy a Deuce soon. I finally got my issue of buying a newer daily driver out of the way, and picked up a 2001 Mustang GT 5 speed. I've always wanted a Mustang to compliment the Z28. Now they're garage buddies.

Now if I just keep up my track of being impractical, there will also be a Deuce in the driveway in a few months.
Where abouts in DE do you live Kevin? I'm up in hockessin, shoot me a PM if you want to take a look at my truck and see what you're getting into :D welcome to the addiction

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks