• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce power steering gear boxes

jesusgatos

The 800-series 5-ton steering columns are similar to the deuce columns, but they're shorter and use an intermediate shaft that is connected to the steering box. They use a second column mount (identical to the one on the dash) on the firewall. Got one for Mah Deuce that I'm planning to connect to an orbital valve. Might end up just mounting that directly to the firewall though. In any case, those 5-ton steering columns might also work for you guys...

ODdave

According to your pics posted, that is not exactly correct... read some more about differences between models here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/15916-power-steering-deuce-3.html

I would not recommend using the HF54044 model. Besides other differences the mounting surface is NOT perpedicular to the pitman shaft.

Also, take a look at my scaled drawing, below.

G.
I guess i am not finding the correct identifying #'s could you inform me a little beeter where to look????

# is HF542998

since there is a descrepency i am not going to sell any of these untill i put one on a truck and see how it works.

Last edited: