• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce power steering kit

JDToumanian

the air assist power steering kit would probably allow for a smaller steering wheel which is really what i'm after cause the stock steering wheel is a little close for comfort.
Unless you're installing shoulder belts, I think having the steering wheel closer is safer in a collision... Your body will have less time to accelerate before striking the wheel. Either way, you're gonna break your face on the steering wheel hub.

Jon aua

Michael

Im still ducking from the firestorm I started by asking the same question.roflaua:doh::confused::deadhorse:
Anybody notice that the pictures got updated? Not much question what is in the kit now. I wonder why they did that?:wink:

The dust is starting to clear and they did almost bring $10000, in fact at least one lot did. One lucky guy got his for $8200.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't get to see the updated pictures. What did they show that they hadn't earlier? GL made 18-20 grand in that batch. I'm sure they're going to look for more and maybe split them into smaller lots next time.

Mark3395

Interesting thread.

I bought a lot of the units because I have a number of deuces I want to install them on... it'll add resale value.

I've intstalled them before and love them. Yes, it does make steering easier and that alone is worth it to me. But there's a more important issue in my book: you can add a castor wedge to the system and it makes the truck much less prone to turning dangerously sharply. Without the power assist those wedges make turning harder, especially in 6x6 mode.

I bought them previously for 1100-1200 and always thought they were worth it.

But to each his own. On pavement or loose surface the standard steering is OK.

But ouch! I sure wish they sold them in smaller lots.

opie65

Add in the G.L. fee, and transport, it still works out well if you need a few, and can sell the rest. I'm sure Eastern, Memphis, etc, were in for it. You could get a good return. Not like you can't get them new, anyway. I may have tipped one other group off in running down the kit content and packaging. Oh, well. If so, they will be back on the market soon.

StreetbikeDepot

Hmmm.....well good luck to the guys that bought them cause thats alot of money after taxes and buyer premium to set on while you try to hustle at least 10 kits per lot to break even.

If I bought them for that much I'd have to get at least 1000-1200 per kit to make it worth my time hustlin' them and tying up that much money, when (like mentioned earlier) I could spend the same amount on dueces or 5 tons and have them sold in a month and double up on my investment. Just my 2cents from a businessmans standpoint.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Hmmm.....well good luck to the guys that bought them cause thats alot of money after taxes and buyer premium to set on while you try to hustle at least 10 kits per lot to break even.

If I bought them for that much I'd have to get at least 1000-1200 per kit to make it worth my time hustlin' them and tying up that much money, when (like mentioned earlier) I could spend the same amount on deuces or 5 tons and have them sold in a month and double up on my investment. Just my 2cents from a businessmans standpoint.
Very good point, and shipping also. Too rich for my blood!