• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce power steering kit

ccequipment

I put one through its paces off road for a weekend in a mudhole that was draging the axels hard with 46" tires, never had any damage to it. If you spring an air leak there is a valve that will shut the air off to the air assist when the presure drops below 75lbs or so, letting you still have good brakes, until you can stop and shut off the manual valve, shuting the system down and you will have the normal unassisted steering.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyone here in the NW who has an air assist on their truck? I would really like to take one for a spin before buying.

I am not looking so much for the power assist as for not having the wheel yanked out of my hands when hitting a rut or a rock offroad.

Thanks!

sarge_3ad

Since I am a disabled vet., I will probably add one to my 109. I'm just not as strong as I use to be, and anything would be helpful on my aching wrist. I just have to save my money first.

ccequipment

You still will have to drive with your thumbs outside the wheel off road with the air assist. It will take out about 50% of the wheel jerking away, mainly the small stuff, if you hit something big it will still take your thumbs off.