• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Power steering question

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look for a 1" offset!

You could take a riveted rim and drill out the rivets, then weld it 1 inch in farther for an off set if you can't find any.

JasonS

Alright. So how do I tell the 135 rims from all the rest so that I know when I get my power steering kit from Tom?
If you sight down the outside edge of the tire, the center of the rim is ~flush with the edge of the tire on the M135 rim. The M35 rim centers stick out.

Dipstick

no, that is normal and really depends on wheel offset. there are now so many wheels used other than stock, but the solution is to adjust the right steering stop a little. you really don't loose much so you will not notice it. i used m135 wheels on mine as they have 1 inch more offset so it clears by an inch.
I did adjust the R.H. stop a bit previously. Maybe I'll just turn it out a bit more. Or I may look for some m135 rims. Are they hard to come by? Thanks Tom!

uriss

Having carefully examined all of the great useful information I want to thank you all at this time. I would have liked to had some kind of assisted steering for a trip I was planning for next year to my grandfathers old homestead in Montana. However, It will have to rely on my back holding up and a bit more weight training for the arms lol. If I get lucky and sell my 81 Z-28 then I will seek to buy what I need and have a pro put it together. Appreciate the insights and Thank You All again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks