• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pricing on GL

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I know everything is highly variable on GL, however...
Anyone know how to check ending prices on items on GL without having previously added them to your watch list?

Also, what is the range of process lately for a deuce wo/w? I saw some tractors on my watch end at 2-3K.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you can unless they were on your watchlist or you bid on them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best/only way to do it is to create a list of the auction and lot number.

GL doens't seem to want you to know what the past prices are.

Last edited:

aczlan

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
From the few posts here I saw a price in, it looks like an average deuce is going for 2-4K. Does that sound about correct?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the few posts here I saw a price in, it looks like an average deuce is going for 2-4K. Does that sound about correct?
For about a year ago ,Deuces are about gone on GL the tanker in floridia went for $8000 plus fees . Search the GL wins threads .

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Write down the auction and lot# about the day after the auction is over go to the home page. It's past bid results. You can see what they went for even if you didn't bid on them as long as you have the event and lot#.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like.a.fair assessment for a basic cargo truck.
There are always exceptions.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember that buying from GL, you are rolling the dice.

I bought a 1987 deuce a few weeks ago. It looked good, just missing a few items.

Picked it up and the frame is bent. I paid a couple of grand for it after fees, so I wasn't too upset.

If I paid $4000 or $10K I would be crying.

3dAngus

From what I've seen in the southeast, outside of some Jacksonville super auctions with lots of inventory, About the cheapest you can get a deuce for anymore is $3K. Almost $5K with a winch. Going on $6K for a M35A3 now. Prices have really gone up in the last 2-3 months.

Not so sure I would want one of those $3K deuces I've seen lately. Getting closer to $4K if they are in OK shape, and probably running.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems lately you can get a better deal with a private sale . Plus you can test drive and take your new toy home with you .

3dAngus

Dang Porky. You're right on with this one. This may mark the first time a second owner sale, after all the owner did to it, all the love he put in it, all the money, may make him a small profit, yet, be a better deal financially as well as mechanically for a new owner on a MV sale.

Retailers are gouging though. I've seen M35A3s for $12K with nothing done to them but filters and soap. Private owners and SS members are the way to go today.

Like I said yesterday, I saw a M105A2 with torn cover go for over $1000 on GL Thursday. After cleaning and repairing and fixing and spending and recovering and doing all the paperwork on the EUC, and the registrations, I could still never bring myself to sell one for that.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paid $3,227.21 for this one with all fees.
Plane ticket out west cost me $146.80, 5hr40min in air.
I drove the listed H7 condition 5ton GL purchase 2,679.4 miles home. It was a no "EUC required" sale and 425 gals of diesel plus 4 Walmart batteries were my biggest costs in the recovery. About 1700 miles in I had an on/off again alternator glitch that miraculously healed itself within the next 300 miles.
With no intel except what was in the auction ad, I went onto the base knowing I might have to just get it towed off, scrap it and go home. Price was right!

Also, I know SS members that bought from SS members that got a screwing.

Attachments

Last edited:

lawdog1623

im probably one of the least qualified to speak on this but i looked for several years prior to finally pulling the trigger on my baby girl. I shy'ed away from gl because i had several people tell me its a big gamble to buy because u just never know what you're getting. I happened to stumble upon one that had a winch, a heater, hard top and a nearly new trailer with cargo cover for $4000. Oh yeah and it had six brand new rims with tires in the trailer that the owner threw in. I drove it nearly 200 miles to the house. Ive sank another thousand into it and its completely different in appearance. I would say to purchase privately because at least the current owner can tell you what you're getting. The govt' crows will not tell you a friggin thing. Ive heard horror stories of guys driving thousands of miles to pick up a truck they paid thousands of dollars for and they find out they ended up with a big battleship anchor. Scary to say the least.

ANOTHER POINT OF NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST A GRAND IN RESERVE BECAUSE IF YOU DONT, ITLL END UP ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. THERES NO WAY TO REFRAIN FROM BUYING PARTS TO PUT ON IT. TAKE IT FROM ME:lol:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Good info. I will keep my eyes out an do more research first. There are a few on Craigslist locally but a bit high.

Last edited:

Masada 5.56

A M35A2C sold for ten grand last week.

I was bidding on that up to $6500. Thankfully I didn't have an internet connection there at the end. My credit card would have been on fire and I would have had to push the deuce home for lack of fuel funds!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks