• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Problem

Looking for some advice here. I went and looked at a deuce and a half today as i am going to buy one. I drove this one today 465 MF with whistler, I ran through the t case and when its in high, it seems like it's binding up or something. It has a little metal flap where low side is to sort of lock it in place. The air shift front axle seems to work fine but it just seems like in high, it binds in the t-case or tranny? Any ideas?

cjcottrill

Sounds like you are confusing the winch power take off lever with the transfer case shifter, take another look at the long lever that appears to come out from under the seat.

jasonjc

Sounds like you are confusing the winch power take off lever with the transfer case shifter, take another look at the long lever that appears to come out from under the seat.

That or the T-case is messed up and some one added that to hold it in gear.

Talked to owner last night and he said he added the fork to the t-case shifter because the winch pto lever had one. So, that explains that. The reason why it acted like it was binding up was someone had rigged up a e brake cable and ran it over the t-case shifter. When you pull up on the t case shifter, it actually sets the park brake. So, now that all that is figured out, i guess it's time to try to deal on this one. I went out today and checked the diffs, trans, etc for fluids, leaks, problems. The only seepage I found was the front closed knuckle seals. Winch works great, runs great but batteries are a little weak. Has the insulated hardtop with heater. 3x,xxx something thousand miles. I dont know of many around here but I do know I'm ready to buy.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just out your way a couple of weeks ago. Nice area, wish I had more time out there. Seems like a deuce would be real handy out there.

stumps

I am lost are you sure you understand the controls on a deuce? I would love to see how someone can attach a parking brake cable to the transfer case shifter.

Transfer Case Shifter on Left
PTO for Winch in the middle
Transmission Shifter on the right
I think you misunderstood. I understood him to mean that when you pulled up on the t-case shifter, it was tugging on the parking brake cable, and that was binding things up. He needs to re-route the parking brake cable.

-Chuck

91W350

I think he is talking about the routing of the cable under the floor, and over the transfer case shifter or around it, anyway, that is how I read it.

jatonka

I may be playing the devil's advocate here, but, never saw anyone install a keeper on a transfer case lever unless it was coming out of gear under load. Expect to be buying a transfer case after you buy the truck, in my opinion. JT out

stumps

It seems to me that there have been some posts on this board describing that very jury rigged fix for T-Cases that fall out of gear... So, I think JT has it pegged. Figure the price of a new T-Case in your bid.

-Chuck

Well, had to leave this one alone. Had lots of cooter and jethro wiring throughout truck. After a better inspection of the e brake cable, it has no coating on it just steel cable and to get it to pull on the lever at the driveline, someone has bolted eyelets under the floor that the cable rides in. There are several holes by a couple eyelets where it looks like they moved them around to put more or less tension on the cable.:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks