• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce project / Baby HEMTT

Jones

CTD has already had pump timing tweaks, throttle plate and turbo up-grade into 4" exhaust. (It's the engine out my Dodge which was totalled in a t-bone accident but luckily had an organ donor card on file). Thinking somewhere around 260 to 285 hp. Transmission is an re-manned Allison AT545N and specs out to be able to handle the engine comfortably.

Jones

baby HEMTT update

Well I gotta say that ol' Polverone is one talented guy. I've been admiring the Deuce checklist stickers he did and wanted one but didn't think it would look quite right in the HEMTT cab sooo... I drew up a rough sketch on a grocery sack with a magic marker, sent it off to him and here's what I got back today. Now the baby HEMTT has stickers of it's own just like you big kids' trucks.
Thanks Gary for the EXCELLENT job!!!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's very cool.

Hey Leonard,
That really is coming along great especially when you have to drive an hour or so just to get to there to work on it. Once you get it back to your place you'll have it done in no time. That would be nice to see it at Lodi in April - no rush or anything. :)
That is going to be interesting ride in that with the cab forward of the steer wheels. It will look like you are going sideways during a hard turn. :shock:

Excellant work. I can't wait to see it up close and personal.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military has assigned a 20-yr life span for the HEMTT series of trucks. We're only seeing the oldest of the old HEMTTs start coming out of surplus. Most of the worn out ones get sent to Oshkosh to be rebuilt, anyways, and the ones I have seen the slip through the cracks and get auctioned off through GL are very beat up. They are sorta street legal, sorta not, depends on your state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks