• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce project

DavidWymore

i agree with you all on the fact of keeping it 6x6 i appreciate all the replies food for thouht and it helps me out thank you thank you i love this forum

The ones I saw, the guy cut the torque rods, added in sections of donor rods I think, and welded round bar overlapping the splice in the "grooves" on either side of the rods.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is a 54 and has survived 61 years, after all this time don't do it an injustice, just keep it stock.

59apache

Chipmaker
I say it's your truck so do what you want.
My opinion is: The truck hasn't enough power to compensate the larger tires.
I allways prefer changes and mods that are reversible...

DavidWymore

I'd love to see the data plates on that oldie...has it been updated to multifuel=A2 config? If it's gas, it probably won't move unless in low range, those tires are huge. You're going to have to lift it too. Looks like it could use some love and then think about mods...

Havinsdeuce

it didnt have a top when i got it and so i fabbed one up. next step after tires is pyrometer and turn up fuel a touch then sand blast and coat in c.a.r.c.