• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce projects.

sac

So far I've replaced the batteries, seat covers, found and greased all the zerks, changed oil and installed a winch. I did a search on adjusting the valves and understand how to do it, but haven't come up with the when to do it.
Acording to the tag on the engine it was rebuilt in 91, and if they change the speedo when they did it it only had 2800 on it when I got it. I don't know if the speedo was replaced bcause of overhaul or broken. I also found out that it was a w/w truck at one time, but wasn't when I got it. Don't know why they would take it off.

Thanks Scott

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:goodjob: Are you sure you found "ALL" the zerks? :pThere are some amazing ones on this truck that you probably won't find without the lubrication order. I think - and someone will correct me - that there are 142 zerks on a deuce w/w. I have not greased the one for the pintle hitch and I have not greased the one on the pedal block! Next time...

In the service, the most common reason why they took something off that should be there, is because it was broken and they needed the truck back on the road or simply did not want to make the effort to repair. Taking a defective winch off in one piece with the extensions and the bumper and putting a (spare) bumper on is much quicker than repairing/replacing with parts you need to wait for. For my theory to work, I would expect that the PTO and winch handle in the cab were left in place. If PTO and handle were also gone, I wouldn't have an authoritative answer.

sac

:goodjob: Are you sure you found "ALL" the zerks? :pThere are some amazing ones on this truck that you probably won't find without the lubrication order. I think - and someone will correct me - that there are 142 zerks on a deuce w/w. I have not greased the one for the pintle hitch and I have not greased the one on the pedal block! Next time...

In the service, the most common reason why they took something off that should be there, is because it was broken and they needed the truck back on the road or simply did not want to make the effort to repair. Taking a defective winch off in one piece with the extensions and the bumper and putting a (spare) bumper on is much quicker than repairing/replacing with parts you need to wait for. For my theory to work, I would expect that the PTO and winch handle in the cab were left in place. If PTO and handle were also gone, I wouldn't have an authoritative answer.
Ha Ha, no I didn't come close, on the zerks.

Last edited:

oddshot

Yep ... there sure are a lot of them.

Perhaps a "Lube your Truck" contest should be held at all MV Rallies.

A timed event ... no written copy of lube orders used by the contestant.

Take points off for each alemite missed.