• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Pump Questions

avengeusa

I have a 71 M35, runs great, the in tank pump does pump, i can hear it spin when the switch is turned on

the problem is that it will run out of fuel after 30 gallons of fuel is burned off, about 1/4 tank on the gage

is there something on the bottom half of the pump that can fall off to make it not suck from the bottom of the tank?

mcmullag

pump

I think if you pull the whole assembly out, you will find that the pump height is adjustable, it is able to be tightned down at different heights along 2 or 3 ? vertical 'rails' it is mounted in. I remember seeing somebody work on this. So you should be able to loosen up some screws and slide it down deeper into the tank.

avengeusa

aha! that may be it, i was looking for pictures, or something else to give me a clue... i seen nothing in the manual, this may be it, thanks a lot

I will pull it later and see what happens

Barrman

Sounds like somebody pulled a pump from a tractor which has a long thinner 50 gallon tank and stuck it in your short deep 50 gallon tank.

avengeusa

Well,

Pulled it out today, the pump was definitely not adjusted correctly, the suction part of the pump was quite a few inches too high, like about 4 inches, i looked it over, the pump adjustment bracket was also missing a bolt/nut, and the hose was swollen, i replaced the hose/clamps, adjusted the pump, added another nut/bolt and it is all good now

checked for leaks, all is well, now i just gotta drive her some more

I took a couple pics if anyone needs em

I will post em in my album