• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pump timing

moparguy4x4

Ok i have been looking and i cant find this one can you turn the injection timing up on the duece engine to 5 ton specs and how do you do this if you can i got a play truck with a pyro in hand to install tomorrow any help will be apprecated by the way i have full understanding of what i am doing to my engine and have a spare bout doubt i will need it most cranked up diesels will live if the driver is smarter than the shifter knob lol

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you click on resources, then TMs, the lds trouble shooting guide is in there. It has easy to follow, step by step instructions to tell you how to calibrate your motor. If I knew an easy way to tell you how to do it, I would have posted that instead. HTH.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a chart stripped from TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1 dealing with timing. This manual gives you alot of the specs you are seeking. Timing procedures are in TM 9-2320-361-34.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are different timing marks on the harmonic balancer, for each variation(LD, LDT, LDS). You start timing the IP by lining up this mark with the appropriate pointer, then you adjust the IP shaft timing by adjusting the bolts on the drive gear until it lines up with the timing marks in the little window on top of the IP. Finally, there is the HH timing marks.

moparguy4x4

i just got to find the marks on the balancer for the for which engine and what is the last timing mark that is on the side of the pump for i under stand all the rest just need to find the right mark and what is the side view of the pump is that a nother timing mark under that cover and wonder what the brake horse power should be in this stage with out turning the fuel screw i have turning up a bunch of cummins trucks this is my first go around with a multi fuel if it makes any diff the trucks is a 77 with the 137 bhp engine in it

Last edited: