• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce putting the top down?

FreightTrain

Banned
Get you a piece of metal rod.Round off one end,and drive it all the way throught to open it up.Also watch for areas where the lip is bent too far out and tap it back into shape.Finally,use a little lube.Petroleum jelly works great.I can go from totally topless to fully installed Frame and top in less than 5 minutes.You learn to do this in the south.6 months of Hot,Sticky,Humid days with 20-40% chance of rain EVERY DAY!Never know when your gonna look in your mirrors and see a thunderstorm following ya.

FrankUSMC

David
A Marine friend (he joined our Corps on June 1941) told me to rub soap on the part of the canvas that slides in the slot at the top of the windshield. I tried it and it works.
One of the few. Frank USMC RET.

M215, Dave, superb fotos of the trucks! That's exactly the look that I want for my deuce. Right now I apply the OD-24087 paint. As for the markings - the 8GP family of trucks gets larger and larger, soon to be joined by my deuce :)

Regards,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks