• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Quarter-Mile Times & Speed ? ? ?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUESTION:

Has anyone gotten times for a Deuce on the Quarter-Mile Drag Race Track??

I'm looking for Elapsed Time and Top Speed Figures for a typical Stock Multi-Fuel Deuce with turbo.

Somewhere along the way, I've seen times mentioned in other threads, but I wasn't successful with a SEARCH.

Surely SOMEBODY has run their Deuce down the Quarter-Mile :jumpin::driver:

The reason I'm asking is for listing stats on another website for a Christian Car Club that is primarily tricked out minis and lowriders and such. As far as I can tell, I'm the only Deuce owning member. If anyone else is interested, here's a link....

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club

Obviously, I'm not as concerned with the actual track performance of The Ark, but they have the blanks to enter the data so I thought I'd try to find some "generic" stats.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce that runs in the 10's......minutes that is! Seriously though, if you run your deuce near the governor at 60 MPH it would take 15 seconds to cover a quarter mile. Plan on well over a minute to cover a quarter mile from a start.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I KNEW this question would gets TONS of smartazz remarks:!: That's half the reason I posted it anywaze:-D Thanks for the banter :idea:

Unfortunately I need SECONDS & MPH to fit the formatted blanks on their data page. SUNDIAL just won't fit - - - rofl

tm america

There was someone that did a thread on this he ran 28-29 sec in the 1/4 .His truck was probably turned up..i think it would be hard to say what a stock truck runs as there are so many of them that the fuel rate has been turned up or down:driver:

Just a suggestion. Since I'm not sure if the tracks around you are closed for the year.

Why not have some one in the truck with you with a gps and stop watch, take the Ark out on a highway really late so it's basically deserted, pull into the shoulder, have co-pilot set up and on his mark pull out and start your run. As long as it's a large enough highway, you probly have no chance of breaking the speed limit in 1/4 mile.

James

Pawnshop

If I ever get the chance to find out with my own Deuce, I will NOT pass it up, that would be a blast! Bracket racing would be fun, I bet you would be the only one in that bracket. I once saw, at a VW meet in Houston, the finals of a bracket race. They ran the winners of the fastest and slowest brackets heads up with a delayed start for the fast one, the VW Bus (30 second bracket) beat the 6 second drag car by a nose, the crowd went BONKERS! People love to root for the under dog...

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a vericom. I will check next time I am out. Might take a rainy day as they salted the roads yesterday and I won't drive it in that. I'd loan it to a local member, works on anything though some deuces will need to have a 12v bat set next to it (mine has 12v avail at the dash.

Tools like this would tell who's is quicker without actually having to race side by side. 0-55 are fun too, lateral accel in G and stopping in G or distances are also recorded

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, gentlemen [thumbzup] I was confident that somebody would remember that thread and how to find it.

For generic purposes, I'm going to insert 30.00 sec and 45.00 mph in the speces provided. I doubt that anybody will dare go head-to-head with me for fear of embarassment. (Mine, of course.)

Thanks again for the help.

lonegunman

Well my trusty A3 has a top speed of 56mph, so 0-60 times are almost out of the question,,hahaha. I did hit 60 on a slight down hill right after I got the truck, it was bouncy.

1/4 miles times? Having never done it offically, I'd still put it in the 20-30 second range. Merging onto the highway the A3 is a bit quicker than most other big truck or bus sized objects until you hit 50mph. Then you start runnning out of RPM.

91W350

I ran a M139 about 70 miles, pretty much flat out and I am not sure we never hit 45 mph. Good thing it has a large fuel tank... different engine, different truck, but a multifuel deuce is speedy compared to that thing!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks